|51| The Raven of the Night

Chapter 51: The Raven of the Night

__________________________________________

Hellooooo♡

I wrote 11k this time so yall better pray for a girl to not fail her finals T_T

Recommended music:
•Masquerade - Siouxxie [from the part it's mentioned to play]

Anyway, happy reading yall
__________________________________________

Taehyung gripped the steering wheel, his knuckles going white. The night was dark, the hour close to midnight. Few cars zoomed past him but other than that, the streets were relatively empty.

Taehyung shouldn't be out here, but it was only by default, when stumbling into Jungkook's penthouse, clothes halfway undone did a shrill ring tone from his pockets kick in his sobriety.

He firmly pushed away the lecherous Devil, who immidiately fell into a series of complaints of how the Detective was being cruel with blue balling him.

Taehyung was extremely embarrassed with the aftermath- ofcourse he was. He hadn't yet digested the fact that he had indeed slept with the Devil- not to mention their first time was.... well...

Taehyung didn't want to think about it.

He was unsure how to explain- the whole ridiculous 'smell like the Devil' scent, his rather immortal friends had agonizingly expressed to him- and how it was humiliatingly affecting him.

And to the flickering red self-depreciating reminder in his mind, that clamped down on the rest of his starved thoughts that thrived on hope- it didn't really give much assurance that this whole entanglement with Jungkook, could possibly lead to more.

True that, he has been shoving that thought away ever since he was wrapped warmly in Jungkook's arms, but it never once erased the fact that Jungkook would sleep with a person only thrice before they are made to leave permanently.

That wasn't good.

But Taehyung was unfortunately good at stalling.

Let it be blue balling his own self or the Devil himself-

If sleeping with Jungkook would mean he'd eventually never get to see him again to a point where his heart would rupture...

He wouldn't sleep with him at all.

That's it.

A horrible, yet the most viable solution to his own pathetic condition.

Who even in their right mind falls for the Devil?

Taehyung sighs helplessly, a bitter chuckle escaping his lips, momentarily imagining his parents' aghast faces, if they were to find how far out he had fallen from the said religious beliefs.

He snorts to himself, shaking his head.

Bitter memories leave bitter aftertaste.

Atleast he could say, he lives up to their expectation of indeed siding up with the Devil and will eventually rot in hell.

Hopefully with a discount on that.

Taehyung visibly grimaces at that.

He exhales, turning his attention to the problem at hand.

He pulls over the designated parking area, when the lady from the GPS speaks out a 'You have arrived at your destination'

Taehyung takes a peek out his window and he frowns, looking at the familiar tall building.