🔹nineteen🔹

Her throat felt hoarse, her windpipe tasted burnt. It probably was.

After countless hours of rage, screaming, and erupting flames from her mouth, having burnt her hands and legs to such an extent that she could no longer use them, Azula sat, numb and cold, on the dungeon floor, staring at the small puddle of tears that reflected the person who had shed them.

Her eyes hurt from crying, her jaw hurt from screaming, her head hurt from the hallucinations and her body ached from her punishments for being loud.

She had found numerous things, as she had expected when she had made these plans. The head of the Umbra, and to nobody's surprise, it was Long Feng. She had found out a rough idea of what was happening in the earth kingdom but was completely oblivious to the fact that her home country had announced war against the south pole.

The soft sound of debris falling somewhere below her made her jump up in surprise. Hasitaley limping aside, dragging her heavy metal chains with her, she avoided getting squashed as Rigon and Lashay earth bent their way in her dungeon.

With a shake of his head and running a quick hand through his brownish-black hair, Rigon glanced around the prison and froze as his eyes landed on Azula.

Torn, burnt, wounded, chained, imprisoned, bleeding, scarred, and what not had already made Azula look pitiful, but to see her, cowering from the sudden eruption of the ground, wincing and flinching, made Rigon's blood freeze.

"AZULA?!?"

Lashay turned as she heard her old disciple's name being called out by Rigon, facing the child, she saw nothing but the pain in her golden eyes.

As Rigon gaped and Lashay studied her, Azula chuckled under her breath. She hated that Lashay always found her when she was the most vulnerable, weak, and pathetic. Like she only came to Lashay when she needed help. A burden for Lashay to carry. She hated being a burden.

"Azula." Lashay signed, " What happened ?"

" 'What happened?' Nana, really? Isn't it clear? They hurt her and chained her like an animal!" Rigon screamed before Azula could reply.

Aggressively, murmuring obscenities under his breath, Rigon strutted towards Azula and metal bent her chains.

"Let me guess, you went to Toph's school?" Azula spoke, trying to make light of the situation and appear strong in front of her mentor. The hoarseness in her voice made Rigon wince, but he replied nonetheless. " Had to upgrade in some way otherwise Nana would label me as 'out of fashion'. "

"Ugh, is she in one of those 'trends' again?" Azula spoke as she rolled her eyes and massaged her free wrists.

"Yeah, this time it's neon green on old designed dresses."

"That explains the shinning green qipao."

Lashay glared at her disciple at her comment. She walked towards Azula and patted her on her cheek to see a light glint of water in her eyes. The same glint that she always had seen whenever she had shown her disciple affection.

" Tell me what you went through, Zulu." She spoke, inflicting large damage on Azula's heart by using her old nickname.

"Hell, Nana, Hell ."

Toph shifted uncomfortably in her net, twisting her waist to become more comfortable. If only she could touch the ground a little bit, or even a piece of metal, she could bust her and Zuko out of here.

She groaned as she reflected that her new position was more uncomfortable than the old one.

"Zuko!" She whispered as something abruptly clicked in her head.

"Zuko!"

"What?"

"Pass me a stone or a pelble."

"I can't they're watching."

"Doesn't matter, by the time they'll come ill be out and ready to crush them."

"Reality doesn't work that way, toph."

"Shut up and do it."

Fine but if we die, it's on you."

"Fine, princess, just give me the darn stone."

Carefully, struggling, Zuko arced his tied hands awkwardly and picked up a rock a little away from him. He positioned it carefully and flung it towards Toph. It hit her head, hard. She winced and tried to catch, swinging her hands around blindly, but it fell down from her fingers.

"asfrefongwoenf!" Zuko made frustrated, indescribable noises as he franticly look at his kidnapers to see whether they had noticed. They hadn't.

"Thow it properly, fire flakes!" Toph whisper-yelled.

"I am!" Zuko replied, " You're not catching it properly!"

"I'm blind and in a net!"

"I don't care!"

"Do it again!"

"NO."

"Zuko."

"Fine!"

This time, Zuko, luckily, aimed at toph's hands and she caught it.The grin on her face was frightening as she bent the rock into a sharp piece and cut her wy from the net. Landing on the ground with a large thump and cracking her joints and flexing her muscles.

"You're all going to get beaten up real good, you dunderheads, how dare you capture, me, Toph, the greatest earthbender, in a flimsy little net!"