Ch-30, How Do Things Change?

Parenthood changes a lot in your life. You get a lot, but you loose a lot too. But at the end, you just learn a lot!❤️

It was just another day, as Anirudh and Bondita returned from the court. They had to attend a perty that day.

It had been months that they hadn't got the chance to talk or walk around, holding hands. Anirudh had already told Maa to take care of Rudhi for that evening and that Bondita and he would come late by the night time.

Bondita, too was looking forward to spend some time with her Pati Babu. He had been stressed since a few days. Though, after seeing Rudhi, Anirudh's stress would vanish away, but still Bondita could sense some stress in his mind. She just wanted to talk it out with him. She wanted to make him comfortable about whatever he was feeling.

Bondita didn't know much about the party. She never payed any attention to he took her, because she always knew,that with him any place in this world would be no less than her home. He was her home, afterall, her Sansaar! Home wasn't a building for her, it was his heart, made of just love and nothing else.

As they entered their room, Anirudh took off his robe and hers too. He went to keep in the cupboard, while Bondita just kept away her bag and his  briefcase. As Anirudh went to freshen up, she just took out a beautiful saree. She wanted to look the best for him, as always.

As Bondita took out the saree and walked to the mirror, she suddenly realised that she hadn't paid any attention to herself. Her body, had not been cared and pampered and her face looked dull. She felt beautiful, but she knew that she had just stopped taking care of herself.

She looked down at her hands and relised that she  just didn't change her bangles in months. Earlier, she used to match her bangles to her saree, every single day. But now, she just wore the gold Kangan  and the Shakha Pola.
She also just didn't paint her fingers with the Alta, she loved the most!

Her eyes were looking all dull and sleep deprived. She felt a bit sad, just like any other girl, she too had always wanted to look her best and has always looked so.

As she was busy staring at herself in the mirror, Anirudh came out of the washroom, wrapping just a towel around his waist. He just finger brushed his wet hair and looked at Bondita. She was busy admiring herself and didn't notice him.

He slowly walked to her and wrapping his arms around her waist, hugged her lightly from behind.

"You look so beautiful, Jaan!" He whispered in her ear, as always. But this time it didn't make bondita anywhere happy.

She looked up at his reflection with a frown and wriggling in his arms, freed herself from his embrace. Anirudh just looked at her with confusion.

"Don't lie, Pati Babu!" She said.

"Why would I lie to you, Shona?" He asked, bringing his hands to hold her shoulders gently.

"I know, I don't look beautiful like before!" She said, trying hard not to cry.

"And who told you this?" He asked, turning her around to look at him in the eyes.

"No one! I can see it, Pati Babu!" She said, wiping a lone tear that escaped her eye.

Anirudh cupped her face and wiping her cheeks with his thumbs, he said, "You're Mad! You're absolutely mad, Bondita!"

Bondita looked at him with a start, as he had never said anything to her like this.

"Why?" She asked, frowning.

"Because, you should never see yourself with your own eyes!" He said and turned her around to look at mirror again.