»𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 - 25«

“How hard must it have been for you to embrace my selfish tears!”

●○●

As soon as his lips met hers, her eyes widened and everything stopped around her.

Her heart pounded in her chest as her knees got weaker. She could only focus on his soft lips, how addictively he invaded all her senses.

Bending back her head across his arm, he deepened the kiss, softly at first, and then with a swift gradation of intensity that made her cling to him as the only solid thing in a dizzy swaying world. 

His insistent mouth was parting her shaking lips, sending wild tremors along her nerves, evoking from her sensations she had never known she was capable of feeling. She shuddered and moaned at his kiss, blushing a little and melting into it, letting him take over.

A few minutes later, feeling breathless, both broke apart. The moment Fawad opened his eyes and looked at Azeen, whose eyes were still closed, heat rushed on her cheeks and a cute smile adorning her lips, he regretted.

As soon as Azeen shyly opened her eyes, without thinking he blurted out.
"I'm sorry."

Azeen couldn’t tell what Fawad felt. 

Anger? 

Pity? 

Regret? 

Any of those things might be possible. Perhaps the expression she saw was a mixture of all three. 

Fawad was still holding her hands and he put them back in her lap, then let them go. 

"I'm sorry, Azeen."
He said again.

Azeen didn’t know what to say. What to do! She was silent for the next couple of seconds and then at last confessed, 
"Fawad, I love you."

He closed his eyes. 

"Azeen,"
He began, 
"I… don't… It was a mistake. I'm sorry. I don't know what came over me. I'm… feeling so… confused. I don't know what… what I want. I… I'm sorry. I shouldn't have… I know you must be angry…"

He was right. 

Of course, she felt angry… hurt.

"Azeen, I-"

"I want you to leave."
Cutting him off, she said. 

"Please." 
Crying solidly, she whispered.

"Please just… just go."
More tears started to escape her black pearl-like eyes as she turned towards the window, determined to not look at him again.