Chapter 148: Grass

Hunter's P.O.V.

"Rascal. Just be quiet..." Right now I'm too tired to move while feeling the air around me has gotten colder. The bird palisman has been tweeting like clockwork. Usually I wouldn't mind, but he just won't stop. "Five more minutes." I tell him while opening my eyes to see where I am... Outside. But... No house in sight.

"Where in-" Just as my voice speaks up, being a stronger tone than the tired one at talking to which I thought was Rascal, I feel something in my mouth. Spitting out whatever's in there, grass falls out. When did I eat grass?!

And this neck of the woods doesn't even look familiar. What happened? Edric! Are they okay?! Don't have my staff with me. Just as I go to walk, trying to find any direction I can back, the sudden feeling of a painful ache in my stomach... Did I eat that much grass? But out of the corner of my eye is a very special tree. One of the few palisman trees. Haven't seen any in a while, but this one has had chunks torn off instead of chopped down. Almost like some monster was trying to eat i... Oh.

Is rascal okay?! Did I eat any other palisman?! "Over here! It was huge!" Without a thought, I hide behind a tree in case this could get dicey. Have to ignore the stomach pain for now. With a tiny peek out is when I notice a group of five coven scouts. I'll just wait them out. Can't fight without any material.

Unless I use the dirt? Just as I look down, I notice my gem is mostly back to it's golden color. "That tree! The Emperor will be so proud!" One exclaims aloud till another speaks up. "But what happened? Looks like someone was trying to tear it off piece by piece." "Doesn't matter. Still palisman wood." That voice... It's that plant witch... But to my realization, I'm hiding behind specifically the palisman tree!

Just as they approach closer. Just as they surround the tree, bound to spot me, I feel my breathing increase. "Who goes there?!" The plant witch yells, then a vine wraos around me, pulling me back and tying me to the tree. "You again?! Gaia, what now?" Another witch asks the plant user. "What now? Now we take the tree and The Golden Guard." Just as she tells the other this, I stick my foot into the dirt and crafting an ice glyph for an escape.

(How is it?)