Chapter 12

"Dinner is ready!" Taylor's voice rings out and I hear footsteps thundering down the hall. I wait until it's quiet, then make my way down the stairs taking my sweet time. As soon as I get to the bottom of the stairs, I can feel their fear already. Today I'm sitting between Yortel and Abeh, with Jeffery across from me.

"Mm, smells wonderful Taylor." I grin wolfishly at him and he goes red, instantly.

"T-thank you." He whispers, looking down at his hands and I take a deep breath to calm my hormones, so I won't jump over the table and pound him into it.

"Anytime beautiful." The table goes quiet after that and I look around the table for Solar so he can say his usual phrase of let's eat.

"Solar can't make it down tonight, so dinner will have to be without him." Restiin speaks firmly to the others and he looks away from me shyly, when our eyes meet. Everyone begins to dig in and I go to do the same.

I eat in silence as they chatter amongst themselves quietly. I'm always the first one done eating, so they didn't blink an eye when I got up to clean my plate and head back to my room, but I'm not going to my room, I'm going to Solar's. I head to the room on the third floor at the end of the hall and knock on the door softly. When I get no response I peek my head into the dark room and allow myself to enter.

I see a lump on the large bed and move towards it. "Solar?" I call out, placing my hands on his shaking shoulders.

"Dillion." He gasps and sits up quickly, almost connecting our heads together if I didn't jerk away quickly.

"Whoa, calm down Solar. I'm just here to see if you're alright." I push down on his shoulders and he lays back down.

"I'm fine." He pulls the blanket over his tear streaked face and maybe I have been to hard on them. It wasn't my intention to make them cry, if he's even crying about that.

"No you aren't. Tell me what's wrong." I pretty much demand. I've never been good at giving comfort to crying people. I think it's because I've never got it myself.

"Why don't you want us?" He whispers and if the room wasn't as quiet as it was now I would've missed what he said.

"Well it's not like y'all showed any interest in adding me to y'alls relationship." I say a bit to harshly and instantly feel bad when his breath hitches. "Listen I'm sorry, I'm not good at the whole emotion thing. I didn't mean to be so harsh."

"It's okay. So you're saying you do want to be with us?" He asks hopefully.

"I'm saying, I would like to see where it leads us. If we do end up in a relationship then I won't oppose to it." I tell him and the smile that graced his face made my heart skip a couple of beats. "I don't want to force anything."

"Don't worry we'll move at your pace." He says giddily and I chuckle softly at his excitement. He gets out of bed and bounces towards the door and down the stairs.