Chapter-32

Chapter-32

-Kneel

Anna's POV

Everything falls silent. The only thing I can hear is the wind that's blowing around us and the sound of leaves rustling on the ground because of the air. My hands feel cold and my arm where they have made fresh cuts burns and itches. Tears pool my eyes. My gaze doesn't leave Bane. I don't know how we are going to escape this. Or maybe there is no escape.

Bane is standing there, controlling his temper and he looks like he is going to do what Derek told him to do. He looks like he is going to kneel.

No! Don't do this, Bane!

Derek is clearly trying to humiliate Bane. That's what he does. Jake looks like he wants to pounce on Derek, but stood there holding himself back.

"Don't do it, Ban- Ahhh!" I start screaming. They made a cut on my arm again. It's hurting. Tears pool my eyes.

"Told you not to speak." Derek says. "Now, you." He turns to Bane. "I don't have all the time in the world."

Bane clenches his teeth. He crouches his knees and gets down on his knees. Fuck! No! No! I want to rip Derek's skin and break his hands and kill him. Jake too kneels down in respect to his Alpha. But he kneels down towards Bane instead of Derek. Derek chuckles again. Oh God! What now?

"Wow! How sweet and respectful, right?" Derek sighs as he sees Jake kneeling near his Alpha. "I wish I had men like that working for me."

I look at Bane and his eyes are focused on Derek. The fire in his eyes is enough to burn Derek to ground. This didn't go unmissed by Derek.

"Look down." He commands Bane. This only infuriates his wolf. "Look down." He says in a deadly voice this time. Bane looks at me this time.

Tears are streaming down my face. I am sorry. I feel like this is my fault in some way. Bane looks down.

"Oh, it's like he is my dog now." Derek says with amusement clear in his voice. Jake growls loudly at his words and I too can't stop myself.

"He is not!" I sneer. I knew what will be coming if I speak, but I can't take him disrespecting my mate. Soon there is that burning feeling again as they cut open another part of my hand and blood starts flowing. But Bane doesn't lift his head. He knows if he disobeys that will only lead to me getting hurt.

"Hold her." Derek instructs someone. He let's go of me and that other person is quick to come and put the knife against my neck. Derek walks towards Bane and stops a few feet away from him. "Oh, I wish I could take a picture of this moment, you know."

How are we going to escape this? Can we even try?

Suddenly, I feel helpless. Watching Bane like that and Jack to being able to do anything, without the remaining members of our pack and with a knife to my neck, everything suddenly scares me. I feel my heart beat rising. Everyone around me can hear it. But what scares me the most is, I am so close to bane and the thought of death tearing us apart, truly me choke.

"Oh, do you hear it, now?" Derek turns to me. "Someone is scared." He grins like he is finally happy. "You don't know how much I yearned to hear that." He turns back to Bane again. "She really did put up a tough fight, you know." He tells Bane and walks to me. He lifts my other hand, where he put that itching tattoo a night back. "I nearly forgot about this."

I give him a disgusted look. He doesn't even care.

"Did you see the small gift I gave to your mate. Of course, you didn't. Here, let me show you." He says taking my hand and holding it in a way to show Bane. "Lift your head up." Bane doesn't lift his head. I feel a knot in my stomach. "Come on." He says in an encouraging tone.