7. Invite

Nandini got ready and went to office and the day went fine with her work. By the time, Manik woke up, it was already evening 4 and saw her message which made him smile. He scrolled his mobile seeing the tweets which mentioned him and his hashtag. At 6, when he got ready to go for his shoot, he texted her 'Done with work??'

She saw the message when she was returning home in metro and replied 'Yup...On the way back home...'

'Cool...' He replied with a smiley and she smiled. She got to her home and went to freshen up and then checked her mobile which had a message from him 'Do I also need to ask you to text me once you reach home...??'

She chuckled to his message and replied 'Sorry...Reached home...'

He smiled seeing her reply and typed 'Was kidding...No need to be sorry...and...I have reached my sets...'

'Hope you had your dinner...' She replied to which he was happy that now he has one more person to check whether he ate or not, next to his mother. It took him few minutes to come out of his happiness and text her back when the director called him for shot.

'Yup...and I expect the same response from you as well...I have to go for the shot...Will text in the morning...Good night 😊' He replied in hurry since the director was waiting.

He tapped his foot hurriedly waiting for her reply and smiled when it showed 'Cooking my dinner...Have a great shoot...Good night 😊'

The days continued with texts in the morning and evening till his shooting for the web series got wrapped.

It took him few more days to make himself comfortable with actual timing of day and night and before he could buffer his energy, he had to start shooting for his first movie.

Two days before his movie shoot, he announced it officially in his social media accounts, though the media has caught the news and the production house has announced a day before. She was the first one to like the post and drop a 'congratulations' comment or maybe it was her ID that caught his eye, in between hundreds of notifications at that moment.

The shooting started smoothly while the regular messages continued between them whenever they got a break and both kept a check on each other's routine. He used to make quick calls in between his shots rather than waiting for her reply and they got habituated with the voices as well.

They actually got fit into each other's lives so casually without even trying or putting effort. The reason for that was, they never waited or expected for the other one to text but initiated the conversation whenever possible. They both understood the reason for delayed replies or short calls like they got familiar with their respective professions.

Though they didn't get a chance to meet, both weren't disappointed or desperate. They waited for their future to unfold day by day.

Days passed and months as well. It's been two months since they met and got into each other's lives. While Manik was getting to know Nandini better, Nandini's admiration towards Manik grew bigger.

One regular day, Nandini was working in her cubicle and it was her last month as intern and she has already applied to jobs wherever she can. The lead who was assisting her during the intern has come to her cubicle and tapped on her desk.

"Oh...Hi Sir..." She wished with a smile.

"I have told you so many times...You can call me Dhruv..." Dhruv said dragging a chair to sit and Nandini smiled in response to his words, remembering Manik. Manik always asked her to address him with his name but she just smiled and chucked the topic.

"Well...Did you check mails...??" He asked and she nodded in yes saying "Yeah Sir...I did..."

He huffed hearing sir again but then continued "Not office mails Nandini...Your personal mails..."