Chapter 149: Trimming the plant

For those who've forgotten those strong witches I was talking about, here they are.

Hunter's P.O.V.

Just as one grabs out an axe, ready to chop down the tree, I successfully make the ice glyph, tapping it and raising it up so the icicle pierced through the vines tying me to the tree. And so I grab it. But another grabs my leg, so I slice it once more. "HOLD IT!" Gaia shrieks while I run forward, not looking back. But I can't lead them to the house, wherever it is. I have to stay here and find somewhere else to hide.

But I feel someone leap on me from behind, then putting hand behind my back. Then places another hand on my back while snatching the spear from my hand. And now lifting me up with both hands behind my back as the others catch up. Would me becoming the wendigo become such an issue right now?

So I whip around my head and bite him in the shoulder as hard as I can, I think with blood leaking through the clothing. As he backs away in pain, I grab the spear and jab him in the head with it. The instant his body falls to the floor, two vines sprout from the ground to wrap around my legs. Not today Titan! And I cut them with my weapon, then running off in an unfamiliar direction.

"Hold on!" Gaia yells out, but I'm already far further ahead and dashing further. Seemingly out of nowhere, two vines wrap around trees, and looking behind, Gaia is using them to fling herself forward like a slingshot. Thinking quickly, just as she makes her way to me, I stick the spear forward, but in time she almost completely dodges. Almost. The side of her torso has a slash on it, causing a huge cry.

And I run away further, just wanting to get away and somewhere safe. Maybe even to The Owl House. Really hope I didn't hurt anyone. Oh no! What if I killed someone?! I already tried to eat a tree!

(Short chapter but there's gonna be an angsty one soon.