To Finally See Her Grace

~~Evelyn Dayne~~

I open my eyes, finding myself not in my tent but somewhere else. Somewhere hot and humid but also has a coolness to it. I hear the ocean.

I blink a few times, eyes still adjusting to the sunlight. My eyes focus more an I see a long walkway, along with several people walking. But what horrifies me is that there are several people nailed to crucifixes.

"The Walk of Punishment is a warning, Your Grace."

I turn my heels when I hear the voice. I turn around, eyes widening when I see the silver haired woman whom I've dreamt of for seemingly years, never knowing her name.

"To whom?"

"To any slave who contemplates doing whatever these slaves did."

"Give me your water."

She commands the man and he does as told, handing her his flask. She carries it to a crucified man, trying to make him drink but he refuses, turning his bloodied face away.

"Leave this place, Your Grace. Leave tonight, I beg you."

When I saw her walk into the flames of a pyre, she was a Khaeelsi of the Dothraki. That much I could gather. But this Targaryen is a queen.

"And what is she to do for soldiers?"

"We can find sellswords in Pentos and Myr."

"Is it 'we' already, Ser Barriston?"

My eyes widen at the name. Barriston the Bold they call him. Lord Stark was good friends with him supposedly.

"I'd you want to sit on the throne your ancestor's built you must win it. That will mean blood on your hands before the thing is done."

"The blood of my enemies, not the blood of innocence."

They continue to converse and walk while I watch and listen. A Targaryen wanting to come back home. That will certainly make things here in Westeros more interesting.

~~~~~

I watch as hundreds of men, called Unsullied, I think, are standing at attention.

Daenerys Stormborn of the House Targaryen stands with a clear sadness in her eyes. I watch a crate get thrashed around before a creature one thought to be long gone fly out of it, restricted by the chain around its neck.

The dragon flies around unhappily. A slave girl stand beside Daenerys as this cruel looking man speaks to her in some language I do not understand.

"The master says they are untested. He says you would be wise to blood them early. There are many small cities between here and there, cities ripe for Sacking. Should you take captives, the masters will buy the healthy ones and for a good price."

I grimace at the barbarity of this. It's horrible and unjust to have people sold as if they are meer cattle.

"And who knows? In then years, some of the boys you send them may be Unsullied in their turn, thus, all shall prosper."