Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Yet again a scream left my throat and I woke up from a nightmare. A nightmare I have been living every second of my life for the past five months. It had been five months since that accident. And I still can't move on from that. I still can't believe that he is no more.

Yes! He died! His body turned into ashes, and we couldn't even see his face! His mansion looks like a horror house without him, the liveliness, the aura, nothing was as before. Neither do I.

I didn't know why, neither I expected myself to be affected this much from just a mere stranger's death. And I hated that fact to the core from the bottom of my heart. Cause this stupid heart don't want to believe that he is dead.

Zafar Shah was openly roaming across the city continuing his dirty business which I came to know through Khalid. Apparently SH didn't have any family just like me, that's why he didn't show any signs of sympathy towards me on that day.

Why did he even have to be a Mafia? When I realised the fact that he was a trucking Mafia! I was angry. No scratch that, I was furious! Why does he have to get involved with such a business? I hate him for that!

Today, I decided to visit that boutique, specifically Azferene. I needed a distraction and her story is incomplete, maybe if I would get something else on my mind, I will forget about some stupid SH!

"Hey!" I waved at her from across the table on which she was working.

"Assalamualaikum!" She smiled at me, her full blown smile, which would make everyone's day. And it made my day!

"Walaikum Assalam." I replied slightly embarrassed. "It had been a long time." I tried to kill the awkward silence.

"Yeah! Very long. You came alone today? Where is your bodyguard?" She wiggled her eyebrows teasingly. It didn't seem like we were meeting after five months, or it was our second meeting only. We were so comfortable with each other, that it felt like we knew each other since ages!

"He died!" Her eyes widened at my cold voice. "Just within two hours after we left from here. But let us not talk about that. I came here to know your remaining story." I smiled at her even though it appeared to be a fake one.

"Let's get out of here. I am going to my parent's house for the day. Wanna join?" She asked, wrapping up her work while I enthusiastically nodded my head.

×××××××××××

"You can rejoin your job." He said busily combing his hairs making her eyes wide in shock.

First of all, he didn't pour water on her for the first time, and now this?

"Really?" She asked excitedly at which he just nodded his head.

"Thank you." For the first time her eyes shone with immense happiness in them as she looked in his dark grey orbs with a smile on her face. A smile, he wanted to hide away from the rest of the world.

He didn't say anything. He couldn't. So he just bobbed his head yet again and left for his work.

And as usual, she stood in his room's balcony and read numerous supplications and prayed to Allah to protect him from all the evil things of the world she blew in the air directed towards him.

She was happy. She couldn't stop her smile thinking that she could rejoin her work soon. Emailing her resume to the already selected boutiques she went down to look for something to pass her time.

She saw Aqsa, Aqib's wife throwing a wasted cake batter half cooked, half raw with a scrunched nose.

"May I help you?" She asked hopefully not wanting to be rejected yet again. Although, Aqsa and Haniya were never brutal towards her unlike his siblings. But they never actually behaved well with her. They would just go with what their husbands wanted.