Chapter 42:Dark magic(5).

Philip kept hiding behind Zhia Xiang who looked straight at Oliver.

Zhia Xiang decided to break the silence and said:

❝The prince is busy if you didn't noticed. ❞

Oliver Albertine noticed her presence and raised a confused eyebrow.

❝Pardon me for being impolite, my lady, but I don't seen to recognize you. May I have your name? ❞ The Duke asked keeping a polite and humble approach.

❝Meet my fiance, Giselle. ❞Victor said walking to Zhia Xiang's side.

Oliver looked shocked, but quickly composed himself so he won't embarrass himself. Isabelle was just quietly standing behind him.

❝It's a pleasure to meet you, lady Giselle. I'm Duke Oliver Albertine and this is my daughter Isabelle Albertine. ❞ Oliver bowed his head politely and motioned for Isabelle to do the same.

The girl bowed her head and said:

❝It's a pleasure to meet you. ❞

Zhia Xiang looked at the two silent. A silence which made Oliver nervous.

❝Like I said, prince Philip is spending time with his brother and me at the moment. ❞Zhia Xiang said smiling.

Philip looked at Zhia Xiang with a thankful look on his face.

❝I apologize for interrupting, if I'd knew the prince is occupied I wouldn't have disturbed. I hope my lady didn't took offense. ❞Oliver spoke looking down in a humble manner.

❝Now you know. I believe a servant can see you off, Duke. ❞ Zhia Xiang added giving the servant a look.

❝Of course. Duke Albertine, please follow me. ❞ The server quickly said.

❝Sure. I hope we can meet the prince later or tomorrow perhaps. Have a great day, your highness, lady Giselle, prince Philip. ❞Oliver said bowing his head and following the servant.

❝Thank you for helping me. ❞Philip said exhaling relieved.

❝Why do you keep meeting them if you clearly don't like them? ❞Zhia Xiang asked.

❝It's mother's attempt to find a good wife for Philip and he doesn't have the guts to refuse her. ❞Victor explained.

Zhia Xiang hummed in response and looked at the embarrassed second prince.

❝You should tell people if you don't like something, your highness. ❞

Philip puffed his cheeks and then sighed.

❝I know. ❞Philip said annoyed.

❝I'll tell mother to not allow Duke Albertine and his daughter here again. ❞Victor said.

Philip's eyes widened in disbelief.

❝Why so sudden? I've asked you to help me multiple times and you refused me each time! ❞

❝I want to. ❞Victor simply replied before taking Zhia Xiang's hand and dragging her after him,leaving a confused Philip behind.

Oliver kept shaking his leg anxious.

❝Something about that woman is off, I can't put my finger on it. We lost a day from our attempt to get that brat to like, we need to come up with something quick. ❞Oliver spoke to his daughter, Isabelle.

The girl looked distracted, the conversation she had with Zhia Xiang in front of the tailor shop was clouding her mind.

❝Can you hear me? What's distracting you? You need to concentrate on getting prince Philip to like you, child. ❞Oliver continued.