Chapter 14

Y/N POV
Sun rays tickle your nose the next morning and you sneeze. You take a look at your phone and realize that it is already 7 am. You are already about to sprint in the bathroom, because you know that you'll be late at Lizzie's, when you realize that she sent you a text message.

Lizzie
Good morning! I'm already at work, so you don't have to hurry.
Take your time!

You relax instantly and smile to yourself as you recall yesterday's events. Spending the day with Lizzie at the beach and the cooking afterwards really did something to you. It was one of the days, you think you couldn't have anymore. After Casey's death everyday has been grey. You felt numb. At the end of a day, you asked yourself if it would have been a bad thing, if you didn't get to live this day and your answer has always been no. It's not that you wanted to be dead, it's just that you didn't see a purpose in life. But yesterday made you feel something. It's like Lizzie has grabbed some paint to give your life a little bit more color.

You lazily make your way to the bathroom and begin to start your day. After getting dressed and eating a muesli, your grab your stuff and leave the house. As you're about to hop on your motorcycle, your smartwatch vibrates and begins to blink red. Lizzie has pushed the emergency button. Without wasting another second you speed off. A million questions and scenarios in your mind.
What could have happened?
Is she in serious danger?
What about the security guards? I mean they're not completely incompetent.
I swear to God, if she pushed the button again without a serious reason- but why would she text me to take my time and then make me rush?

Twenty minutes later you arrive on set. You came as fast you could, without taking care of other road users. You get off your motorcycle and pull out your gun of the holster. Carefully you approach the building. As you observe your surroundings, you realize how quiet it is. Nobody is shouting instructions nor laughing nor just talking. It's like nobody is even here. As you open the door, you almost stumble over something. Well not something, somebody. A dead security guard lays in front of you on the ground. A shot wound in his head. His dead eyes seem to stare right into your soul. You carefully walk past him and begin to hear something. Someone is talking loudly. He seems to be upset, but you can't understand what he's saying.
As you peek around the corner you get a clearer view. A man is pacing back and forth in the middle of the room. He shouts angrily and gesticulates wildly with his hands, holding a gun in one. In front him are a few people of the Marvel cast. You can definitely make out Lizzie, Scarlett and Florence, but you can also see Sebastian, Anthony and some other guys, you don't know. They're probably the producers.

"You don't understand it!", the man yells. "She jumped. She jumped because she thought that one of you would save her!"

What the hell is he talking about?

"Sir.", Sebastian tries. "You know that we are not really the avengers, right? We are just actors."

"You should've saved her!", the man continues like Sebastian didn't say a thing. "You have powers! You could've prevented her from jumping!"

His voice is full of anger and desperation. But suddenly his expression changes. The frown disappears and it's like someone wiped all emotions off his face.

"It's your fault, that she's dead. And you'll pay the price.", he begins to raise his gun.

Before he can do anything else, you are already right behind him pushing your gun against his back.

"Drop the gun!", you hiss in his ear.

He hesitates.

"Do you think I'm bluffing? Drop the fucking gun or I kill you right here and now."

He lets go of the gun and it drops to the ground with a clattering sound. You kick the weapon away.

"Now get on your knees and fold your arms behind your head.", you instruct him.

He does like you say.

"Hey, does anybody has handcuffs or cable ties?", you shout to the people, the man has kept hostage.

"Yeah, uh, I think that we should have some for the movie.", someone answers. "I can go and get them for you."

You nod. "Thanks! And can somebody else call the police?"

Nobody moves. Everybody just stares at you still shocked from everything that has happened.

"Uhm, you are Mr. Stan, right Sir?"

He nods.

"Do you have phone?"

"Yeah, I do.", he responds.

"Can you do me a favor and call the police? That would be great!", you flash him a smile.

Your words seem to snap him out of his shocked stare and  he pulls out a phone of his pocket.

"Hey, here are the handcuffs!", the guy gives them to you and you put them tight around the wrists of the hostage taker.

"The police his on its way.", Sebastian announces as he hangs up his phone.

"Perfect! All we have to do is wait now. I just have one more question. When I came in, I walked past a dead security guard, but I know that you have more. So where are they?", you ask.

"Oh, the man locked them up in this room.", Scarlett answers and points to a door.

"Yeah, well maybe it would be a great idea to let them out.", you say and Anthony immediately walks to the door.

Except the guard at the beginning, everybody seems to be unharmed. The security guards take over the tied-up man and you have finally time to look after Lizzie.
You spot her near Scarlett and Florence. The three of them seem to pretty shaken.

"Hey.", you say softly as you approach them.

Lizzie runs up to you immediately and engulfs you in a tight hug. You wrap your arms around her, placing your right hand at the back of her head to stroke her hair.

"I'm so glad that you are here. Did you get my signal?", she asks quietly.

You nod. "I did. You finally used it correctly."

She chuckles and pulls away.

"I was afraid you wouldn't come, because the last time I used the emergency button it was only to introduce you to my friends.", Lizzie admits.

You cup her face and look into her eyes. "Lizzie, I will always come."

She nods and gives you a warm smile.
When you hear Scarlett clear her throat, you quickly pull your hands back.

"Thanks for saving us, Y/N.", she says.

"Yeah, thank you! I don't want to imagine what would have happened if you had come a minute later.", Florence adds.

"It's no problem. I'm glad I was here on time."

You turn your head when you hear more people and see that the police has finally arrived.

"I better talk to the police officers and tell them what happened. They probably want a statement from you as well, but I let them know that you'll do that in the next days. There's no need to rush this. Take some time to recover, okay?"

"Yeah sure, thank you." Lizzie answers with a small smile.

You walk towards the police officers but take a look back before you reach them and see a blushing Lizzie and smirking Scarlett. You wonder what that is about, but quickly forget it when you talk to the first police officer.

Hey guys! I don't really know what to think of this chapter. I liked the idea but I'm not sure about how it came out. Anyway, I hope you had good day!
Remember to drink some water and to take care of yourselves!
Love you and see you in the next chapter👋🏻