29 | Like Old Times

Arabella's POV:

I laughed at Ellie as her phone rung for the third time in the last five minutes.

"I hate him so much." She mumbled pressing declined call for the third time as well.

"Maybe just answer to see what he wants." I said, smiling trying not to laugh.

"He's gonna call me and beg for my forgiveness."

"But I thought you forgave him yesterday." Callie said, raising her right brow.

"I did, but then I remembered how he acted like an idiot when the bartender gave him, her number." Me and Callie started laughing, but were interrupted by my office doors opening roughly.

"There you are." Antonio sighed walking up to Ellie.

He wrapped his arms around her body, lifting her off the seat and taking her out of the room while she pounding her bawled fist into his chest.

"And what are you doing here?" Dyiore strides into the room, smiling and picking Callie off the chair and doing the same as they exited my office.

"Now I'm alone." I sighed looking at the paper work on my desk.

"You're never alone love." I hear the smirk in Mateo's voice as he walks up to me.

"Don't you need to get back to Italy." I rolled my eyes, joking around.

"I'm not leaving without you." He ended the conversation, pulling the chair Callie was sitting on and placing it next to me.

"So what are you doing." He leaned over, putting his hung head in the way of my work.

"Work." I shove his face away, pulling a pen out of my drawer. Before I could the drawer, I knew his eyes had caught the ring.

"I thought you said you gave it away." I told him I gave the ring away, because I didn't want him to think after all this time, I had it after the whole fake 'cheating'.

"I didn't."

"Yeah I can see that." He shut the drawer after it out, turning my face towards him.

He took my hand, putting the ring over my ring finger, and I couldn't help but let him. It felt so right, but I knew it wasn't.

"For now this is my promise. I promise, I will make you fall in love with me again. I don't mean like friends. I mean as my wife." He smiled, and I looked down at the ring trying not to smile as his words made my brain feel all weird.

"And for that to happen, I'm taking you out of dinner tonight."

"We went out last night." I complained, my feet are still aching from yesterday.

Walking around in heels all day, isn't helping either. But am I gonna stop. Never. I love the way I look with them.

"Yeah. We, meaning us and our friends. Tonight, just us." He smiled.

"My feet hurt so badly, I'm not going anywhere." He groaned, reaching down and grabbing both my ankles. My rolling chair turns so I'm facing him and he lays my legs over his thighs. He carefully takes the straps off the heel, making sure not to ruin them.

He put the black heels on the ground, sitting back and just lightly grazing my feet. He wasn't even touching them, and they already felt better. My feet aren't dirty so relax. I treat my heels with the best care possible. So they aren't ever dirty, neither are my feet.

"I'll massage your feet when we get back, and I'll let you leave your legs on me right now. What do you say?" I shut my eyes, taking in the feeling of being so close to him.