thirteen <3

july 28th 12:45am (i timeskipped a month cos i had an idea)

(i'm also currently watching ranboos mario party stream so ignore if there's any mistakes it's hard focusing on two things at one time)

athena pov

i was lay in my bed with my phone propped up on my bedside table.

"i cant believe school starts tomorrow. it's literally like two months early. all because we missed like the whole year last year because of covid" i grumbled into my pillow. "at least you'll be there"

"i'm really nervous." ranboo replied , his voice thick with tiredness.

"you'll be okay. i made sure with the college that you're in all of my periods." i looked at him through the facetime call.

"thanks for checking with the school" he mumbled, pulling his duvet closer to his face.

"why are we just talking about random things at 1am when we have our first day of college tomorrow?" i asked, admiring the parts of his face i could see.

"i don't know. but i like it." ranboos mouth turned up into a warm, sleepy smile.

"me too..." i muttered, letting my heavy eyes close and my consciousness fade away.

inside a nightmare, athena pov.

i finally awoke. my first day in college after summer 'break' .

though, i lifted my head to darkness. the room i was located in was bleak, cold, and pitch black. i was sat down. at a desk? like a school desk maybe? my arms rested lousily on what i imagine was a table. it was not merely the darkness that came out of the absence of light, it was much more sinister.

i opened my eyes as wide as they could go, trying to spot some sort of structure. i managed to see a board? a blackboard? and tons of desks- i was in a classroom. to be specific, my one of my college classrooms.

i stood up from my seat, the chair screeching as i pushed it back with my legs.

slowly but surely , i navigated my way into the hallway. it was just as dark in there as it was in the classroom. i could barely make out the feeble outline of the door that i had literally just passed through.

the pitch black atmosphere was impenetrable and i stood rooted to the spot, staring ahead of what felt like an endless hall.

the silence was pressing into my ears as darkness surrounded me.

but the silence didn't last for long . and though at the time i wished it was over, i automatically wished it would come back.

nearing footsteps quickly replaced the sound of the piercing silence. through the darkness i could just make out a nearing figure. a male figure. a tall male figure.

i quickly began walking backwards, the opposite direction to the mysterious person coming towards me.

but it wasn't long before i could identify the man. it was declan. he sped up, practically running toward me.

i reciprocated his speed , trying to get away. i probably should've turned and ran. but i couldn't take my eyes off him. which was stupid. because i stumbled onto the floor, and declan got closer, and closer.

my hands shook with immense fear.

he finally reached me.

declan stood over me for a few seconds before saying

"long time no see, bitch."

i drew out a chilling scream that seemed to burn my lungs with an inhumane warmth, as an overwhelming darkness quickly engulfed me.

back in irl xo

5:47am

i jolted up in my bed with a loud gasp, my breathing passing as hyperventilation.

i threw a hand to my mouth to silence myself, hoping not to wake ranboo.

though, i had already failed. ranboos eyes were open and he was already asking me questions.

"athena? what happened?" his voice hoarse but still comforting.

"nightmare. a really, bad, nightmare." i breathed out, picking my phone up from my bedside table.

700 words

SHORT BUT SPOOKY CHAPTER FOR SPOOKY DAY!

a/n I LOVED WRITING THIS SO MUCH, IT WAS GENUINELY SO FUCKING FUN.

ANYWAY, I LOVE YALL ! GO EAT, DRINK, SHOWER, TAKE CARE OF YOURSELVES! <3 <3 <3 <3