20

L Y D I A

A day later

"Promise me you guys won't be mad," I said

"She's pregnant," mom stated and my eyes widened

"No she's not. She's nineteen and still goes to college," Ash said.

"Mom's right I'm pregnant. How did you know?" I asked her the last part.

"That's the same face I had when I was seventeen and was about to tell my parents I was pregnant with your brother," she said

"I'm sorry," I said

"Is that why you haven't been answering our calls?" he asked

"Yes" I lied.

I didn't want my mom to be worried or anything.

"What about the father?" Ash asked and Valerio came into the camera.

"Mom, Ash this is Valerio, Valerio this is my mother and brother" I said.

"Is he the guy we were talking about?" Ash asked and I looked at my fingers.

Valerio then cleared his throat before speaking.

"Hello miss Maria, Ash" Valerio said and mom smiled at him after he took off his shades.

"Hello," she said

"Hold on your Valerio De Luca" Ash said and Valerio nod before Ash looked at me.

"So you're the man paying for my mother's medical bills and also the man who got my nineteen year old sister pregnant,"

"Can you stop talking like I'm a child?"

"You are a child," Ash said

"That's enough Ash, as much as you don't want to admit or accept it your sister is grown," mom said

"Now Mr. DeLuca thank you for paying my bills and I hope you take care of my daughter and this baby" she said

"I will and call me Valerio,"

"And if you don't I'll kick your ass" Ash said before standing. He walked away and mom let out a sigh.

"He'll get over it," mom said and I nod.

"I wished you'd have told us a little earlier. Like when your relationship started," she said and I looked at Valerio.

He cleared his throat and looked at her. She smiled before speaking.

"So what about college sweetheart?" mom asked

"She's willing to try online classes," Valerio answered and I looked at him.

No I'm not.

"Okay," she said and I looked back at the screen.

"How was the surgery?" I asked and she looked at Valerio.

"Good it was good," she said and I nod.

"Sweetheart can I talk to Valerio alone for a moment?" she asked

"Of course. I need to use the bathroom anyway," I said before leaving.

After I was doing using the bathroom I washed my hands before walking back to the living room.

"Thank you" I heard my mother said before I walked in.

I sat back down and mom gave me a weak smile. She took thinner and very tired.