A First Chance At Love (Book 2 Chapter Sample)

THIS BOOK IS FINISHED AND READY FOR YOUR PLEASURE!!!!!! 

~Avery~

My teeth were gritted painfully together as I stood outside for some peace and quiet but like always that was never going to happen. Slowly I turned my head to glare daggers at the boy who as consistently bugged me to no end. Growling I hopped he got the picture I didn’t want him here!

“Oh, I love it when you growl is so sexy” Caleb husked stepping up to me and placing a hand on my chest. I snatched his wrist in my hands and narrowed my handing warning.

“Will you just leave me be” I hissed. But all he did was smile as he licked his lips suggestively.

“Oh come on Ave I love it when you get aggressive” he smirked. There were snickers and a few murmurs around us as I darted my eyes around so see a few older and younger wolves looking at us in disgust. I really didn’t care about what they thought; I was more disappointed that they would look at this blatant display Caleb was showing in dislike when their Alpha’s were two gay males. I shook my head, shutting my eyes.

“Just give me a kiss” he whined and I snapped my eyes open to glare at him again. He was pouting as he looked up at me. “Please one kiss, but I can’t promise you that I’ll leave you alone after that” he snickered. I pushed his away still he staggered back but caught his balance.

“I’ve told you time and time again Caleb that I’m not gay nor do I want to be involved” I growled at him as I stepped around him and walked off the back porch. His footsteps were right behind me causing me to groaning in annoyance.

“Come on Avery I know that you have to have some heart in that robot chest of yours” he said. I stopped to turn to him and frowned.

“Excuse me?” he skidded to a stop since he was jogging to keep up with me.

“Well it’s true, it’s like you can do nothing but kiss Aiden’s ass. You’re always there, you only ever talk to him or give him the time of day” he shrugged. I rolled my eyes.

“I’m his protector Caleb it’s my soul purpose to be there for him at all times” I told him.

“I thought that was Liam’s job, you can’t let your life revolve around Aiden. What about… you know alone time with a special person” he wiggled his eyebrows suggestively. Sighing, I really didn’t want to go through this right now or ever in fact.

“Look, it is none of your business what I do with others and secondly, you have a mate somewhere out there Caleb and I’m not going to let you ruin something so special between your mate and you. It’s something that should never be tainted with so keep yourself pure Caleb and you’ll thank me in the long run” I said turn back around to leave.

“Yeah right” he followed me again. Oh my god this kid! “I don’t want a mate” he said as he came up to walk beside me. I just frowned at him.

“You won’t be saying that when you see them.” He shook his head stubbornly.

“No, I don’t want to be tied down to some girl, I’ll feel like I’ve been shackled to someone that I never want to be with in the first place.” He argued.

“No, once you meet them all the doubt and scared feeling you have will go away.” I assured him. he didn’t know how lucky he was to know that his mate was somewhere out there waiting for him.

“Plus who said it will be a girl, just look at Aiden and Liam.” I reassured him.

“No, I know in my heart that it will be a girl.” His face was scrunched up in disgust.