19. Wait for me

"Where have you been?" Alexander stirred, drowsy.

"Got some fresh air." Emma cracked a small smile as she went to sit beside him on the bed.

He grabbed her hand, starting to play with it. "I missed you." He smiled sheepishly.

"You just woke up."

"So? I still missed you." Alexander pulled her into his arms, swiftly rolling over to be on top of her. "I always miss you when you're gone." He pecked her lips, smiling.

"Cheesy." She teased, albeit smiling back.

He grinned, sneaking a hand underneath her thigh as he kissed her feverishly. "I don't care," he said in between kisses, "I love you and I miss you when you're out of sight. Plain and simple."

Emma wrapped her arms around his neck. "There's nothing simple about you, Alexander Adams."

"I'm a simple man," he claimed, pecking her lips, "at least when it comes to what I love." He grinned. "Or who I love."

"Are you trying to get me to say it?"

"Really? What gave me away?"

Emma laughed, pecking his lips. She rubbed the back of his head, smiling. "Promise you won't make a whole thing of it."

"How can I not?" He chuckled.

"Come on ..."

"Just say it." He pecked her lips. "It's simple," he murmured against her mouth, "I – Love – You." Alexander repeated, kissing her at each word.

"I ..." Emma started, pretending to be pondering, "loaf you?" She laughed.

He rolled his eyes, albeit amused. "I'll carve it out of you sooner or later." He nuzzled her nose. "Just you wait. But now ..." Alexander said, pulling back slightly to take off her shirt. "Now it's time for round two."

"This is more like round four." Emma chuckled when his stubble tickled her neck as he peppered kisses all over it. "Do you plan to keep me in bed all day?"

"Why not?" He teased, parting her legs so that he could slide in between them. "As far as my office knows, I'm on vacation. No one's going to disturb us." He claimed, unbuckling her jeans. "I've got time to win your resistances." He smirked, slipping his hand inside her panties as he kissed her quick.

"You should know by now, I don't cave easy." Emma claimed, albeit moaning.

"Wanna bet?"

When he started nibbling on her neck, she felt weak to her knees. No, it wouldn't take long before she caved, not if he kept on wearing her down like that. The night before had been already hard enough, but today, with him repeating how much he loved her every time, it would take all she had not to just ... "Okay, okay!" Emma nearly yelled when his lips touched her sweet spot.

"Okay what?" Alexander demanded, without ceasing.

"I ..." she panted, writhing underneath him as his fingers and his lips worked skillfully and in sync, "I ... oh, God ... I love you!"

"That's the good girl." He smirked, leaving her hanging. He slid down her jeans, just enough to leave her naked up to her knees. Abruptly, he flipped her, putting her on all fours. "Now grab the headboard."

"Are you serious?" She chuckled.

"Very." He stated as he moved her panties to the side. Once she'd obeyed, and after he'd worn proper protections, he pushed in slowly and gently, to which Emma moaned slightly louder.

"Is this a fantasy of yours?" She teased, looking over her back. "Fucking me clothed?"

"Maybe." Alexander gripped her butt cheeks, increasing his pace.

Emma bit on her lips, closing her eyes for a moment to savor his every thrust, but then reopening them, because the sight of him focused, panting, sweating, as he increased pace minute by minute, was mesmerizing. As she watched him, in between moans, one word crossed Emma's mind: forever. This could be forever.

✧✧ ✧ ✧ ✧  

"Um ... what the hell ..." Alexander murmured in his sleep. He thought he was dreaming, but as he listened in for a moment, he heard a loud banging on the door again.

"What's going on?" Emma slurred, drowsy, better cuddling into him.

"I don't know, someone's at the door." He frowned. Nobody knew they were there. Who could it be?

"NYPD! Open up!" A male voice shouted from the outside, followed by a louder bang on the door.

When they heard that, both Emma and Alexander recoiled, sitting up abruptly. "NYPD?" He wondered out loud. Did they know he'd left the State for a few hours? "Get dressed." He told Emma, more worried about her than about what might follow. If Nancy really had given him away, then maybe the wait would be longer, but they'd be certainly free.

Emma obeyed, albeit confused, and they both quickly put on some jeans and a shirt. "What's going on?" She whispered. "What do they want?" She asked as the officer on the other side of the door yelled to open up.

"They want me, what else?" Alexander said. "I'm coming!" He answered the policeman. He bypassed the bed and, having cupped Emma's cheeks, he gave her a quick kiss. "Whatever happens, I love you and-"

"I'll wait for you." Emma stated, her voice firm. She looked into his eyes, time stopping for a few seconds. "I ... whatever happens, I love you, I will wait for you."

Alexander grinned, leaving his forehead against hers. Those words would be enough to get him through anything, he was sure. Hand in hand, they went to the door, and he opened it. Before them, they found two cops in uniform, one almost ready to take down the door. "Good morning, officers," Alexander greeted with a charming smile, "what brings you here today?"

One of them, a bald man in his forties, instinctively brought a hand to his holster. "Emma Hudson?" He called, looking at the girl.

Alexander instinctively moved to shield her, but she took a step forward, impassive. "Yes?"

The second officer grabbed her free hand – the one Alexander wasn't squeezing – by the wrist, and pulled her towards him. "You're under arrest." He stated.

"What? Why?" Alexander demanded to know, not leaving her hand.

"Sir, please, step back." The bald officer went to stand in between him and the door while his partner handcuffed Emma. When Alexander tried to push past him, the cop raised one hand, keeping the other by his gun's holster. "Sir, please, don't make this harder than it needs to be."

"It's okay." Emma said loud and clear, directed at Alexander. She offered him a calm smile, nodding. "You'll wait for me."