Ch.3-Something Missing-

*Author's Note*-Happy Halloween! This one is long so buckle up. Also, this book is going to branch off from the original plot of the movies quite a bit, so if you think you know what's going to happen...think again. Enjoy!-RJ

*****

-Sigrun/Sarah-

We all stand by anxiously as Shuri scans Vision. The blue light highlights the wires connecting Vision to the stone.

"The structure is Polymorphic," Shuri observes as she looks at the projection in her hand.

"Right, we, we had to attach each neuron non sequentially," Bruce answers.

"Why didn't you just reprogram the synopsis to work collectively?" I ask. Everyone looks at me shocked, except for Shuri, T'Challa, Bucky, and Valkyrie.

"Because we didn't...think of it," Bruce answers.

"What? I haven't been spending all these years frolicking in the sun," I note. They all focus back on Shuri. Shuri looks at Bruce teasingly.

"I'm sure you did your best," Shuri says.

"Can you do it?" Wanda asks, sick of the wasted time. I look at her, knowing it's not easy to wait for someone to save someone you love when you can't do anything to help.

"Yes, but there are more than two trillion neurons here, one miss-alignment could cause a cascade of circuit failures," Shuri explains, "It'll take time brother."

"How long?" Steve asks.

"As long as you can give me."

Everyone nods solemnly.

"Where is Stark and the others?" I ask.

"They ended up in space on one of Thano's ships, we don't have contact with them," Steve explains.

"So we won't know if Thanos has the time stone or not?" I ask. Steve nods. "Okay, what about the space stone. Loki, do you still have it?" Loki nods solemnly.

"I do."

"How did you get away from Thanos anyway?" I ask. Loki shifts uncomfortably and I notice when Sigyn grabs his hand.

"After we defeated Hela, Ragnorok destroyed Asgard and the last of us got onto a ship. Thanos came and I was able to create an illusion to escape with my family."

"What about Thor?" I ask, furrowing my brows together in worry. Loki's jaw tenses.

"He told me to leave him there, I don't know if he's alive." Everyone's breath catches in their throats, and none of us can find anything to say. Thor... After a few moments of silence, Natasha finally speaks up,

"He'll be fine, he's always fine. How will we protect the space stone?"

"I have it in my interdimensional pocket, only I can get to it there," Loki says.

"But won't Thanos be able to sense that it's here? Like he did on the ship?" Bruce asks. Loki's jaw clenches again.

"Maybe, I could put some masking spells on it to hopefully hide it from him," Loki says.

"Okay, if that doesn't work then we'll have to make something to mask it," Shuri says before shooing everyone away to work on Vision. We walk out of the lab and I grab Wanda's hand, comforting her as we walk to our rooms. I already have one here but for the other's T'Challa leads the way. Wanda squeezes my hand back and we walk hand in hand down the hallway.

I say goodbye to Wanda at my door and catch Valkyrie before she walks off.

"Hey, Val I was wondering if you wanted to spar in a few minutes? I want to be ready when the battle comes," I ask.