Chapter 4 Part 1: The Last Picture Show

Jughead VO: It's been a week since the discovery of Jason Blossom's body

But his death is not the first, nor would it be the last casualty that the town of Riverdale would suffer.

The Twilight Drive-In where I work, my home away from home, a piece of town history, is closing for good, just when we needed a place to escape to the most.

With Sheriff Keller knocking on every door and neighbor suspecting neighbor, Riverdale, every day that passes, is becoming more like Salem during the witch trials.

And meanwhile, the girl next door, our friendly neighborhood Hitchcock blonde, Betty Cooper, was wrestling with the knowledge that her best friend, Archie Andrews, was caught up in a forbidden romance.

Betty's Diary: "Dear Diary, Sheriff Keller doesn't know what I know, that Riverdale High's music teacher, Geraldine Grundy, was at Sweetwater River the morning Jason Blossom went missing, and that since Archie was also there, they could have been there together."

- - - - TAMAKI LODGE - - - -
In Scott's Bedroom, he is doing push ups, still reeling about what he did that night, when suddenly his phone rings. He picks up to see that Betty is calling.

Scott: Hey Betty, What's up.

Betty(OTP): Hey Scott, I'm sorry I know you and Jug told me to not say anything but I can't stop thinking about this Archie and Grundy thing. It's driving me crazy.

Scott: I know, believe me I was spot you're in now. But Betty we have to wait ok and I promise as soon as everything in the right place, we'll expose Grundy and what's okay.

Betty(OTP): Okay, Thanks Scott. See you tonight at Pop's

Scott: Alright see ya.

Scott and Betty hang up, with Scott letting out a sigh. When was the time to expose Grundy? He honestly didn't know and probably will never know when's the right time

- - - -POP'S DINER- - - -

  Later that night, at Pop's, the group of friends,minus Archie, are all sitting together mingling

Later that night, at Pop's, the group of friends,minus Archie, are all sitting together mingling. Betty and Jughead are on one side of the booth, while Kevin, Scott and Veronica are on the other side. Jughead is in the middle of a rant about the Drive-In closing down.