chapter 84

It was time for the new years banquet and once again Le Huan had to powder and prepare himself for this occasion he then turned to his his babies giving eat one a kiss before leaving, the emperor had his guards strictly guarded them in secret for tonight.

There was a lot of gossips amongst the people of the Jian empire the main ones being that the empress had to be absent because of how badly the emperor punished him that even now he was still bed ridden.

The other one being as that the 1rst prince was punished and had to stay in the cold palace until the emperor is please with him again many had said that this was all because of the 5th concubine who was now heavily favored by the emperor people saw Na Juan as a vicious power hungry person.

The 3rd rumors was the displeasure of who was the general's wife they too saw Meilin as an vicious power hungry individual they said that he enchanted the general into fallen in love with which lead to him becoming the general's wife and because the family didn't agree he made the general cut ties with his prestigious family.

"Hmp like servant like master both are evil and should know ones place" a random noble said

When he saw that everyone around him was quiet he opened one eye to see the general with his wife in had, the color had flushed from his face.

"A-army general" he stuttered in fear

"I wont say anything more than you should remove from my sight now and let me not see you again"  he said calmly

"Y-yes"

The man quickly ran out the room causing a commotion

"Kill him" he said undertone

Soon he rest Meilin in a seat and then took his own facing his father whom sat opposite to his direction he gave a sad expression but the father just opens his fan and closed his eyes his wife who was next to him only looked at them with daggers of hatred.

"Entering her imperial majesty empress dowger"

The empress dowger entered the and all bowed in show of respects.

"Entering his imperial majesty attended by 5th imperial concubine Na Juan"

The people Bowed in honors of their emperor as he walked to the throne he had Le Huan sit in the Empress's seat.

The place became very quiet for a concubine to sit on the Empress's throne that had lots of meaning to it every one was red with including.

'This dog bastard how could he do something like this to me what are you trying to do turn me into a walking human target'

Someone in the crowd raised in complaint.

"Your majesty you can't do something like that"

"And why Zhen can't?" The emperor smirked playfully

"That's the place that was meant for the empress it's pure impudence for a concubine to sit there" the man argued

"It's only a chair" the emperor mocked him.

For some reason Le Huan felt that his answer sounds just like his.

'This dog bastard don't let me were off on it's bad habit'

The man had to swallow his anger he dared not anger the emperor's now playful and happy behavior he bowed then sit back down.

The celebration went on cheerfully as the opening of the new year.

"Jie'er let's go play with baby siblings" Shui laughed

"Okay"

"I want to join" fangsu said

They both looked at her simultaneously

"You want to come with us" they asked

"Yes mother said it's best to get along with... with my siblings so-so I want to play as well" she stutters

They both smiled and head off in the snow holding hands.

The 4th concubine smiled gently then looked up at the throne were the emperor was smiling like a child while speaking with the concubine.

"The emperor seems very happy" she said to concubine Han Rui

"Yes he is indeed I think if he were to sit in place as the empress our lives will be much better" he said

"But that's  not possible as long as the empress is alive there'll be no peace" she said dejected.

"........ well we best bathe in this joyful moment for now cause that's the only thing we can do before the storm"