Chapter 12

"I'm fine." she said as she turned back to looking outside of the window. George could tell that something was bothering her but he wanted her to tell him on her own time. He didn't want to rush her into anything. His hands were piled of sweets he got from the candy cart. He walked over to where Tris was sitting and he sat next to her, putting all of the sweets beside him. "Tris?" George called out again. He knew she dazed off whenever she was thinking hard about something.

"Tris?" he said once again. When she didn't acknowledge him, he gently put his hand on her knee trying to get her to come back to this reality and to get her to snap out of whatever she was thinking about. When he placed his hand on her knee, she jumped. George immediately removed his hand in fear that he did something wrong. "Trista? What's wrong?" he said looking quite concerned. "Nothing. You just startled me is all." she said as she made a quick glance up to his beaming eyes, but then once again she turned her gaze to the window.

"Why did you jump like that?" George asked with his voice becoming a little shaky. "I told you, you startled me." she said not removing her dazed glare from the window. "Trista, did- has someone hurt you?" he asked. His palms now becoming sweaty second by second. Trista finally removed her stare from the window and looked down to her hands and eventually moved her eyes up to George's. Tears began to slowly form in her eyes and she tried her best not to blink hoping they wouldn't fall from her face. "Please don't tell anyone." she said as she tried to contain her teary voice. She didn't want to show weakness in front of him but right now she felt like she could talk to him and trust him.

George's heart shattered on the inside. Knowing that someone has hurt her before made him feel sick to his stomach. He has grown to care for Trista, and knowing that someone has done something to her in her past, made him very upset. If he didn't feel overly protective of her before, he definitely feels it now. He kept telling himself that he would never let anyone hurt her ever again.

George then moved closer to her and he gently put her head on his shoulder giving her an actual shoulder to cry on. She quietly cried on his shoulder not even caring that she was showing weakness in front of him. She was scared to let people see her weak side. She was always scared of letting people in because when she did, they would always turn around and stab her in the back. Fred and Ginny along with Harry, Ron and Hermione, were all about to come in the door when George motioned his hand to his brother telling him to not come in. Fred looked in the small door window and he could see that Tris was crying on his brothers shoulder.

He then looked to his brother and understood what he was saying. Fred turned to the small crowd that was lined up behind him and he told them that now was not a good time. They all turned around and didn't ask questions and all headed their own ways.

George wanted to know what has happened to Tris in her past, but he felt like she would eventually tell him soon enough when he gained her full trust. He knows she has trust issues and he didn't want her to feel like she has to hide everything from him.

He noticed her breathing had slowed back down to normal and she was no longer crying. That's because she cried herself to sleep on George's shoulder. He remained quiet and sat still just letting her get some sleep before they arrived at Hogwarts. Fred then came back a few minutes later but he was by himself. He slowly opened the door trying not to wake Tris who was still sleeping on George's shoulder.

"What happened?" Fred asked. "I don't know. She was upset when I walked in here and then it all just went downhill from there." George responded. "Oh, yeah, she kind of heard Draco and his little group of gits talking smack about her. Ginny said that's what made her upset in the first place." Fred said. "That little-" and before George could finish Tris moved slightly on his shoulder causing George to stiffen up like a brick. He didn't want to wake her.

When she remained asleep, George let out a small sigh in relief. But now the train blew its whistle letting the students know that they had arrived at Hogwarts. "It's time to wake her mate." Fred said as he gave George a slight pat on the back. "Yeah, you're right." George said. He remained still and slowly shook Trista's shoulder. "Tris, we're here." George said quietly. She slowly picked her head off of George's shoulder and rubbed her eyes.

Looking out of the train windows, a big glorious castle stood in the distance. Tris moved away from George and slid as close to the window as she could. She looked at the castle and was in awe. She sat there and smiled. She looked at George with her big hazel eyes gleaming up at him. He smiled back at her and watched her stare at the castle once more. She thought it was a fairytale at first and she had to keep blinking and rubbing her eyes to make sure she wasn't dreaming.

The train then came to a complete stop and all of the students began to make their way out of the train. Tris remained with Fred and George and the three of them then made their way out of the train and began walking towards the castle doors. She remained quiet and began fiddling with her hoodie sleeve once again with her free hand while her other hand carried her luggage. Every now and then she would look up to George to make sure he was still with her.

When they got to the castle doors, Tris became real nervous. In the distance, she saw an older man wearing long robes standing in front of her. His hair was almost as white as snow and his beard as long as half of his body. "It's okay Tris. That's just our Headmaster, Professor Dumbledore." George said as he noticed Trista's anxiety getting worse.

They continued walking until they were met by Professor Dumbledore. "Ahh, you must be Trista Lupin." Dumbledore said. She slowly shook her head as an answer. She was too nervous to speak. "Ahh, yes, your father told me about your case of anxiety. It's okay, you'll be comfortable around here in no time my dear." the man spoke softly. She gave him a slight smile and looked back down at her feet.

"Right well, instead of waiting for the ceremony of the first years, in the sorting ceremony, would you just like to find out what your house is now that way you don't have to stand up in front of everyone?" Dumbledore asked. She looked to George first and then back to Dumbledore and nodded her head yes once again.

*Authors note: Leave a comment on which house you'll think Tris will be sorted into!*