Let's Make a Deal

Disclaimer: I own nothing, not RWBY, not the characters, or any concepts and abilities written here. Please support the official release.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I stand in front of a warehouse in the harbor. "This is the place." I use my magic to open the metal door and walk inside. The place is desolate and dirty, it's pretty much abandoned yet like everything on Remnant appearances can be deceiving.

"I don't whether I should be shocked or be laughing my ass off that you came here alone." I glance back at the sight of Roman Torchwick with lit-up cigar on his mouth.

" I glance back at the sight of Roman Torchwick with lit-up cigar on his mouth

(I don't own this image)

"Roman Torchwick. Just the man I wanted to see." I said.

Roman takes his cigar and puffs some smoke. "That so? What would the prestigious Headmaster of Beacon Academy want with a petty thief like me?"

I chuckle. "Simple really, I want to hire you."

Roman blinks in surprise. "Say what now?"

"You heard me. I want to offer you a job." I said.

"Is this some sort of joke?" Roman asked. "Am I being pranked? Because I don't do pranks."

"No, the joke is you becoming a no-name grunt for some two-bit bitch who wants power that she has no hope of controlling or understanding which will inevitably blow up in her face." I said causing Roman to narrow his eyes at me. "It would be in your best interest to join my side."

"And why should I even join you? What the hell do I get out of it?" Roman asked.

"Well for starters, your criminal record will be completely wiped giving you a chance to start over from scratch. A stable (totally legit, not evil) job that pays a lot and comes with free room and board among other benefits." I explained. "There's also the added bonus of free ice cream and not getting eaten by Grimm."

"Wait, what was the last part?" Roman asked.

"Free ice cream?" 

"No, the other-"

"So what will it be Roman? Continue being an obedient little slave or take the opportunity of a lifetime."

Roman ponders his options. On one hand, he can get away from that stupid bitch Cinder and her troupe of damaged kids but at the same, this could very well be a trap to lure him out and arrest him. Yet if he doesn't take it, he'll continue being the underdog until Cinder has him killed which will definitely happen.

"If you're having trouble deciding, you can have your little partner in crime show herself and provide a second opinion." I said.

Roman's eyes widen at the statement. How did he know!? Neo's Semblance lets her blend in perfectly! Not even people with detection Semblances can pick her up!

Behind him the sound of broken glass is heard as the form of Neopolitan appears behind him.

(I don't own this image)

"So, what do you think of my offer?" I asked.

Neo makes a thinking pose for a minute before giving me a big thumbs up.

"Looks like a yes to me, what about you Roman?"

Roman sighs in defeat. "Fine, whatever. Might as well try my luck with you than with Cinder. The lesser of two evils, am I right?"

A devilish smile forms on my face. "Excellent, I knew you'd make the smart choice." I applaud. "For now, you will be my eyes and ears on this end. I want you to fill me in on all of Cinder's little schemes."

"That's easy enough. Cinder's using the White Fang to cause mass chaos. They're going to use the abandon subway system in Mount Glenn to carry explosives from there to the middle of kingdom. The explosion will cause mass panic which will attract the Grimm." Roman states.

I let out a sigh. "An incredibly clever plan. And while that's happening, she'll infiltrate my school and sabotage us from the inside."

"Pretty much, yeah." Roman inhales his cigar and lets out a puff a smoke. "So what do we do now?" 

"You two will do nothing, simply go on like you have done so far and Cinder wouldn't suspect a thing. I'll find you when I want to move up to the next step of my plan." I said and walk out.

Roman sighs as he throws away his cigar. "Why does it feel like we just traded one nutjob for another?"

Neo pulls out a sign from seemingly nowhere. "That's because we did." 

"Fan-fucking-tastic." Roman flung his arms around and gets depressed. "Why am I curse with such misfortune?"

Neo pats Roman's shoulder as he cries in the corner.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author Notes

I had this idea and I just needed to write it down.

Peace~