Chapter Twenty-One

**It's my birthday tomorrrooooowww 

Happy bday to me xox

YN twisted her fingers together, rolling her neck to try and ease the tension there. She looked to her right, where Bucky was tapping a metal finger against the table in front of them.

"You alright?" YN whispered, leaning back in her chair casually, scanning the room quickly. Bucky nodded, making YN turn back to him. "You sure?" Bucky turned a stern look toward the young woman, making her hands raise in surrender.

Sam cleared his throat, resettling in his chair. "How long are we meant to wait here? It feels like I'm waiting for the death penalty." YN nodded her agreement, beginning to bite her lip anxiously.

"They should be here shortly." Tony murmured only briefly looking up from the computer he was tapping on.

"Have we heard from T'Challa and Shuri? Is Shuri okay?" YN asked, breaking another five minutes of silence.

"I spoke to T'Challa this morning, Shuri is fine, however they have run into their own issue in Wakanda, so we may be on our own for this one." YN frowned at Natasha's words, lifting up her hand to bite at her fingernails. "YN, they'll be fine." Looking up to the redhead, YN nodded hesitantly.

Not a moment later, Secretary Ross and a few armed men walked into the room, making the three fugitives sit up straight in their seats. YN eyed the guns that sat at the large men's hips, fists clenching under the table.

"Mr. Wilson, Mr. Barnes and Miss. King." Ross greeted, making YN narrow her eyes.

"That's Officer Wilson, Sargent Barnes and Sargent King, thank you." She responded, raising an eyebrow as the older man's eyes landed on her.

"Do you think you still deserve those titles?" He sneered, placing his hands on the table and leaning toward her.

"Considering we just saved the Presidents life, yeah, I think we do." YN smirked, crossing her arms tightly. "Now, get on with what you're offering us." She ordered, making everyone hold their breath for the Secretary's response.

The man looked at her for a short moment before grabbing a brief case off of the man to his left. "Rumlow is using highly advanced technology, some of which could give Stark a run for his money." The mentioned man scoffed, rolling his eyes as he leant back in his chair. "We don't think our run of the mill task force will be enough-"

"So, let me get this straight? You want to use us to take down Rumlow, who threatens the very country that was trying to hunt us down not even two days ago?" Sam chuckled, shaking his head. "Unbelievable."

"Or I could arrest you? Whichever works for you." Ross smiled, making YN clench her teeth painfully.

"Couldn't keep us locked up last time, what's to say things have changed?" Sam retorted once more, sending a wide smirk toward the Secretary.

"We will consider wavering Sargent Barnes' crimes, as well as Officer Wilson's and your own, if you cooperate." He replied, laying out a file on the table. YN tapped her foot, poking the corner of her mouth with her tongue.

"I won't settle for considering. If we help you, those crimes are gone. Diminished." Ross sighed as YN weighed in, running a hand through his hair. Nodding, YN licked her lips that were pulling into a smile. "Good choice." Grabbing the file, YN ran her eyes over it as Ross explained to the rest of the group the whereabouts of Rumlow and his followers. "What about Captain Rogers?" YN piped up suddenly, slamming the file onto the table.

"Excuse me?" Ross responded, turning away from Tony who also looked over to the younger female.

"Steve? Will he be excused for his crimes?" Ross puffed out a breath, exchanging a look with Tony. "Oh, you have got to be kidding me. Really Stark?" Tony closed his eyes, shaking his head. "Then no deal on my end. Arrest me, because there ain't no way, I'm helping you if Steve isn't taken care of." Ross laughed then, making the blood under YN's skin boil.