Chapter 139: Raon's First Growth Phase & Sudden Appearance of the Enemy Forces

The Elf Village underneath the lake with the World Tree.

"...Here! We gathered some more!" The young Elf priestess took a pouch out of her loose sleeves and handed it to Cale.

Clang. Clang. The refreshing sound of coins hitting each other reached Cale's ears.

"The World Tree has not said anything, but I thought that we would need another bag of money! I gathered it on my own accord. We cannot have a sea of fire!" The young priestess made it sound like she was close to Cale as she welcomed him with a bright smile.

"...Mm, thanks." Cale debated it for a moment before taking the bag of money.
'It should be fine to take it because Elves are not materialistic.'

Cale was not the type to reject when someone gave him free money. Instead, he took a small jewel out of his pocket and started to speak. "Lead the way."

"I understand! The World Tree has been waiting for you!" The young priestess energetically started to walk.

Cale slowly followed behind the young Elf.

"Oh! Raon-nim, your cuteness is just as explosive as ever!"
"I get to meet Raon-nim like this again! I can die happily now!"
"The great and mighty Raon-nim!"
He could hear the voices of other Elves coming from behind him.

Raon, who puffed up his chest and was flapping his wings, pointed his front paw toward them. "I am busy right now! You can admire me a bit later!"

He then chased behind Cale.

Cale peeked toward Raon and then patted him on the head as he continued to walk toward the World Tree.

In addition to Eruhaben's request, he had something to ask the World Tree.

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhh-

He headed for the spot where the leaves of the large trees rustled in the wind. It was the average looking tree at the center of that bunch.

Cale could see that the World Tree looked even more average than last time.

"Hey World Tree, have you been well?"

One of the World Tree's branches slightly trembled as if responding to Raon.

The World Tree had lost three branches while telling Cale three things last time.

<Find Raon's parents.
There is an existence that has gathered three ancient powers.
Find the Water of Judgment.>

Cale remembered what the World Tree had told him.

"Young master Cale-nim, you can speak to the World Tree like last time."

"I guess it is possible to chat now."

The World Tree had fallen into a slight slumber after telling Cale those three facts.

The young Elf put on an odd smile and nodded her head. "Yes, short conversations are possible."

Cale slowly headed toward the World Tree. He then put his hand on the trunk and closed his eyes.

– Cale, it's been a while.

The World Tree sounded weak.

Cale held the small jewel with his other hand. "This is the item that Eruhaben-nim made. There is a defensive magic in order to protect the Elf Village and World Tree-nim within in it."

Eruhaben had decided to strengthen the defensive magic around the World Tree after one of the branches was stolen and had asked Cale to take care of it.

"Raon will install it. It will not take long."

– Is that so? Thank you. Tell Eruhaben thanks as well.