seventeen.

CHAPTER FIFTEEN
blocked

Jamal

next day

So much had been going on lately, which was nothing new for the Lyons. But the past week had been real treacherous, so Lucious called a family meeting to fill them in on something that had happened yesterday.

He began. "As you guys know, I fired every last one of those security guards."

Jamal did notice. "Yeah. There wasn't anybody outside."

"But isn't that bad? Blake is still out there!" Royalty warned.

"I did it because of Blake," Lucious answered. "Andre showed me a picture of Blake handing money to one of the guards."

Hakeem was doubtful. "You sure it was real?"

Andre was ticked off. "You really think I would photoshop that? I don't have time for that."

"You had time to sabotage us though," Jamal commented.

Cookie scolded them. "Cut it out, you two! The picture is real, okay? You father hired some snakes, but they're gone now."

Hakeem shook his head. "Damn. Andre's spreading around his fake behavior."

Cookie hit him. "Stop it, boy! Andre did a good thing!"

Andre smiled at her. "Thank you, Ma. I want Ro safe, just like the rest of you."

"Mhm," Royalty said dryly. "But if all of the guards are gone, how are we going to stay safe?"

Lucious said one word. "Warren."

Jamal's ears perked up. "Warren?" That name sounded real familiar. Then Lucious left to get somebody, and yup, it was as Jamal suspected. It was the same Warren from Club Nirvana.

"Warren?" Jamal said again.

"Hey, Jamal. Hey, everyone."

Hakeem pointed at him. "Don't you run Club Nirvana?"

"I do."

"So you're a part time security guard?" Hakeem questioned.

Warren chuckled. "I have experience, so yeah."

Royalty questioned him next. "And what happens when you're too busy at the club?"

"I talked to a handful of my guys that I trust with my life. They are willing to help protect this house."

"And if he trusts them with his life, then I do too," Lucious said.

"So you trust Warren with your life?" Jamal asked.

"As much as I trust Becky." And that was a whole lot.

Warren spoke again. "But I'm getting the vibe I'm not wanted here."

"You're wanted, Warren. We're just on edge." Cookie got up and shook his hand. "Do right by my babies, okay?"

"I will."

Lucious clapped his hands. "Alright, now that that's over with, Jamal and Hakeem, don't you two have a song to release?"

"Yeah, we're dropping it tomorrow."

"Good. Go hype it up or something."

Hakeem smirked at Jamal. "Instagram live, here we come."

Then he dashed upstairs. Jamal laughed and was about to leave too, but Warren followed him. "Jamal!"

"Wassup, Warren?"