22

Theo

I caressed Oliver's back as he cried in my arms.

Although today was a milestone Stone for his pregnancy, it was also bitter sweet.

Julian wanted to see his grandparents so he's at my parents house and Elian and Simon are there too.

We all agreed that Julian is going to all of us to come together. He already lost Lewis and Julian was raised but Elian and Simon. My son needed to have them in his life.

Naturally my mother was upset. She was pissed off that Lewis neglected our son and forced his parents to care for him. She was pissed that Lewis left his parents to become poor while he was being featured in vogue 2 months ago because of his make up line.

My mother did was she could to make sure they were taken cared of. Elian and Simon now live in s condo a few blocks from them. She also contacted Greg's mom to ask her cousin to recommend a physical therapist to help Simon.

Medicare didn't want to pay for it. But my mother did. That's is how I will always think of her. Sweet and loving, none of that crazy fan fiction stuff.

My thoughts were interrupted by Oliver crying

"It's not fair, I just, I wanted all of our babies. I knew one of my our babies didn't take but finding out they our daughter won't be here is so heartbreaking" he sobbed

Today was the anatomy scan. But the time we booked this appointment Oliver was measuring 23 weeks pregnant. The babies were healthy. They were right in track. They were kicking away in the screen. I was in awe of seeing them.

But when it was time to know the gender, we knew that in that moment we would also learn which baby didn't make it.

We will be welcoming 2 more boys into our family, but this meant that the egg that didn't take was our daughter.

I looked back at Oliver and my heart broke when I saw how puffy his eyes were. I know he loved the babies that are growing inside him but it doesn't negate the fact that he lost a baby, that we lost a baby.

"I miss her" he cried

"I know love" I said as I ran my fingers through his hair

"I'll never get to meet her. I'll never hear her cry. I knew that doing IVF meant there was a possibility of an egg not taking but it hurts so much." He sniffled

His hair was every which way, the t shirt he wore has ridden up and I could see his swollen stomach. Dried tears marks covered his face.

"Maybe we can do something. Maybe we can plant a tree or even give her a name. You know like you did with the 3 eggs that weren't viable" I suggested

He gave me such a beautiful smile.

"Yeah, she needs a name, a name that's beautiful would be nice." He said

"Julie?" I asked

"No. What about Shannon?" He said

"God no. There was this girl I went to high school with names Shannon. She was a bitch" I said

"How was she a bitch?"

"Well she started out as being a friend. She knew I was dating this guy named Edgar at the time. We were all hanging out as a group at this park then she was gone. I didn't think of anything at first. Then Edgar showed up half out of breath. He was running around the track at the park because he was practicing for track and field

Turns out Shannon chased after him and when they got to the part of the field where the rest of us couldn't see she kissed him.

I found out about it when Edgar broke up with me a few weeks later talking about how he thought he liked her and he wanted to see if he liked girls.