92: R'lyeh 16

"Come on, let's go back."

The gray-haired evil god extended his hand to Zong Yan, and his brilliant golden eyes contained a faint smile.

Zong Yan wasn't sure why, but the sight somehow made his eyes feel hot.

It was like all the grievances he'd felt before, but no one understood or cared about, emerged from the center of his body.

He'd always been alone. Even if he was surrounded by the warmest, most radiant sunlight, he walked alone, and when he shot from the surface of the Earth into its atmosphere, the rest of the human race was dreaming in their beds. He gave his life to stop the attack of an Outer God and a Great Old One and saved this beautiful blue planet, but he'd been alone.

Then Zong Yan went back 350 million years into the Earth's past. In that unfamiliar prehistoric era, he became an evil god with his own domain. He witnessed the fall of Atlantis.

His greatest sorrow was that while he had the body of an evil god, he also had a living, beating human heart.

It was this heart that kept Zong Yan from forgetting his humanity and being invaded by the callous mindset of an evil god, but it was also a heavy burden.

Throughout the entire journey, he was alone.

It seemed that for a long, long, time, he'd had no one else around him.

His memories from elementary school were vague. He liked to live in his own world, and he helped his grandmother earn money with her letter writing every day. He didn't think about his situation very much. In junior high school, his grandma's health gradually deteriorated. Zong Yan had to run between school and the hospital almost every day. If he went home from school at noon, he had to make his own meals and send them over. By the time he reached high school... Grandma was really gone, and then Zong Yan was completely on his own.

In recent years, because of issues at home, Zong Yan hardly made any friends. He didn't have time to spend on socializing. He ate meals alone and he went home alone after school, but his days didn't feel too boring. He helped the grandmas and grandpas in the tube building run errands, or he went to the second-hand bookstore to read books for the day. But after all, he had a superpower. As long as he had his power, he was like a poor man with a treasure. Just thinking about what he had made him feel satisfied and happy.

But now everything was different. He was completely separated from human existence.

That feeling of loneliness welled up from the corners of his heart where it had been deliberately buried, and every trace of it was bitter. Especially after he'd decided to accept life as an evil god.

'Think about it. At least an evil god has a long lifespan. After Carcosa and R'lyeh have their fight, I'll find a cave under the sea and sleep for 350 million years. When I wake up it'll be time to take the college entrance exam.'

But then Yog-Sothoth had arrived.

From the ends of time and space, from far beyond the dimensions.

Zong Yan didn't know what the evil god was smoking, but if he really brought Zong Yan back to modern times, Zong Yan decided he'd carve the evil god 's name on a wooden plaque, build him a memorial tablet, burn incense, and light a fire as an offering.

"Hold on." He took a few steps forward, about to take the evil god's hand, but then he paused as if he suddenly remembered something. "What about R'lyeh? And Carcosa?"

Obviously, before Zong Yan was captured by the Lord of Interstellar Spaces, R'lyeh was fighting Carcosa. The sky was thundering and the sea was raging like a scene from the end of the world.