Chapter 151: Silence

Hunter's P.O.V.

"Oh! He's here!" Luz rushes to the door, then opens it to let in Edric who greets her with a nervous 'Hello'. When responding to my text, all he said was 'Ok'. Usually I wouldn't complain, but he always replies with a lot more enthusiasm. Sometimes the first to text me, but it's like he's silent.

But I step forward to the door ready to greet Edric. "Uh.. Hi Ed." Right now I can't help but feel nervous due to recent events, but hoping Edric will forgive me for becoming that deer. But Ed just silently gives me a wave before walking off with Luz to bring out his scroll to facetime with Amity.

Don't know why, but the silent treatment is making me sad. Sure, I know why, but I only wonder if I'm being too clingy. Maybe I am too clingy as him being silent just makes me want to talk to him more. So I follow them but once Amity's face comes into the picture, I think maybe she rather wouldn't even want to look at me. I did violently break her legs.. Just wanting to give her peace, I sit on the lounge chair as they're on the sofa where Amity wouldn't see me.

.

.

.

As the two catch up and the time goes by, I've drowned out their worlds while thinking to myself about the whole wendigo situation, getting more paranoid on thinking if anyone's holding a grudge against me. During meditation, I know I've been making progress but it's not done yet. At least my gem isn't dark for now. But once I'm out of my own thoughts, I see Hooty emerging his body from the door and to the two.

"So. Where's Hunter?" I hear Amity question through the scroll, and that damn bird answers quickly. "He's fine." But then he turns to Luz. "The reason he became that wendigo is because these two were making a ruckus!" Edric gives off a look which tells 'The fuck?!' as Amity at first stumbles on her words. "We- we were making a ruckus? You wouldn't stop screaming!" But Hooty argues at this. "No need to point fingers."

"You're so lucky I'm not there." Kind of wish she was. Because Hooty needs his nonexistent ass kicked.

.

.

.

And then it comes for a time when the conversation ends, the scroll back in his pocket. Ed looks back at Luz. "Luz. Can I talk to you." "But we are." Then Ed looks back to me. "Alone." This earns a slightly confused look from Luz but she shrugs and walks into the halls with him.

(What you think? Tell me of any mistakes)