XV. The Reveal

I lay on the bed and pat on the spot near my legs, inviting Din to sit.
He sits with his head turned towards me.

"So" I take a deep breath
"Are you sure you want to tell me?"
"Yes. I... I trust you, Din"
I see him relax, I didn't even notice he was tense.
"As you already know, the seeing stone is a place with a strong connection to the Force"
He nods

"So when I sat there, I immediately felt every sense sharpen and I was brought in another realm, called Netherworld of the Force. It's where the spirits of dead Jedi continue to exist.
I met again the Master who told me about my father, and he introduced me to another Jedi who guided me through my father's story"
"So did he tell you the truth?"
"Yeah, eventually. He started from a long time ago because <I must know the whole story>. But don't worry, I won't tell you every detail.
It all started when the Jedi Master met a child, and that child was Darth Vader"
"What?"
"Exactly my thought. To cut it short he was a slave in Tatooine, and he was recruited to be a Jedi. But then the Master died so another Jedi trained him. When he grew up he turned to the dark side, betraying his Master and his wife too. His wife had two babies but died because of the betrayal. The two kids grew up to be the ones who helped to blow up the Death Star. And one of them is my Master Luke"
"And your father?"
"He's the one that trained Darth Vader. He brought Luke to Tatooine and I guess he stayed there just enough to meet my mom. His name was Obi-Wan, and he died because of Darth Vader"
"I'm so sorry Kai, how do you feel?"
"I'm still processing. I saw my father's death, but I didn't know him, I'm not heartbroken. But still, he's my dad so I feel sad. What I don't get is where was he all that time since my birth day to when he met Luke"

I cover my face with my hands as I feel an headache coming. I whimper.
"Hey, are you ok?"
"Yes and no"
"Do you want me to pull the curtains to have some dark?"
"Yes, please"
I feel the mattress moving, signaling that Din got up to do as he said.
"How long did I sit there?" I ask him
"About twenty minutes"
"What? Really? It felt like days"
"I think that it was because of the amount of Force that was used... You saw the past, other people's past"
"Seems incredible"
"It is"

There is silence until I feel again the weight of the Mandalorian near me.
"What are you going to do now?" he asks
"Well for starters I'm going to help you and Grogu. As of my father I don't know. I can't go find him 'cause he's dead, I could talk to my mother. That for sure"
"Thank you"
"Anything for my padawan and my favorite Mandalorian"

I see him staring at me, then he stands up
"Is your head okay?"
"Better"
"Do you want to get some fresh air?"
I think about it for two seconds, then nod.
Din offers his hand to help me up.

We exit the barn, I blink a few times trying to adjust my eyes to the light.
I feel something bump into my leg and a familiar beep
"BB! How are you doing, buddy?"
He seems happy to see me, he must have gotten worried too yesterday.
He keeps beeping causing Din to tilt his head, puzzled.

"He's telling me what he did while I was out. Seems like someone finally trusted my droid flying the ship" I chuckle at the Mandalorian.
Din sighs, almost embarrassed by the fact that his sweet side showed.

The people in the village looks at BB-4 because of all the sounds, some annoyed, some entertained.
"You know what, BB? Why don't we take a walk in the woods? Mando, you can go with your kid, I've got my Droid taking care of me"
He hesitates, then nods.
"Lead the way, buddy" I walk behind him as Din looks at us before go looking for Grogu.

As we wander through the woods BB-4 is excited to tell me all the things I missed. Thank the stars I learned to speak droid.
He tells me all about me passing out and falling off the stone, then about Din taking me to the village without waking me up.

I smile a little thinking about the kind and warm side that Din never shows to anyone. I wonder if he is his true self at least when he is around the Child. It's hard to always impersonate something that isn't really you, and I know it.
I still remember the first years of school... When the classes ended every classmate ran out to both parents, while I had only my mom who often was a few minutes late because of her job. I didn't want the other kids to know I was sad about it so I acted like I was the happiest girl alive, and it hurt.

I blink, wiping away those memories, and I focus back on my droid, who starts telling his dad jokes. Yes, my droid does that...

Before we know it we're back at the village.
I walk to the kids to check on my Padawan, and I'm absolutely surprised by the scene I see.

Din is standing near the kids with his arms out forming a T, with Grogu on one shoulder and another kid trying to climb his other side.
I let out a chuckle, and Grogu turns to me letting out a giggle.
"What an amazing dad you have"
Din hears me and turns a bit my way.
"They got you good, huh?" I say smiling
"It's a bet" he replies
"Yes!" a kid exclaims "We said that climbing to his helmet would be fun, and he said it isn't"
"Yeah" a girl confirms "So we asked him if he was afraid"
"Oh, I see" I say kneeling down to the kids "He doesn't back up from a bet"

The kid finally reaches his head, and Din closes his arm around him to avoid him falling.
"It was super fun!"
"No it wasn't"
"You're boring"
"Speak for yourself"
I assist the discussion, amused

"Kaira will decide who wins!" the children yell
"It's a hard choice..." I look at the kids and then Din "... But Mando loses. It was very fun"
The kids cheer all together
"I trusted you, Kai" Din said faking to be hurt
I laugh.

Some time later, after having dinner Din goes to get some sleep. I stay outside on a chair, looking at the stars. I already had plenty of sleep today.

With the village silent and everyone sleeping the thoughts come back in my mind. I still have so many questions about my father, but I don't know how to find an answer.
I have to talk to my mother, I have to get to Tatooine.

As soon as the sun comes out Din is awake, coming outside to see the magic of the dawn. I had noticed he does it every day.
"Good morning" I greet him, making him notice me
"Hey, did you get any sleep?"
"No, I had a lot to think about... Which brings me to something"
"Yes?"

"I have to go to Tatooine, to see my mom. I need you to stay here with Grogu. Out of this planet it's easier to get spotted"
"There's no way, I'm coming with you"
"Din, have you listened to what I-"
"I heard your words , but I will ignore them. I can protect Grogu, and so can you. If you go out alone and get recognized as my friend you're in danger as much as I am"

"I can't ask you to risk your and Grogu's safety for this"  I say
"We will come. You need someone by your side. Plus, I'm pretty bored on this planet"
"Grogu won't be happy"
"Dank farrik, don't make me think about it"
"Well, now you have to. Next time you'll do as I say" I reply with a smirk, patting on his shoulder before getting into the barn to collect my stuff.

A few hours later we were aboard the Spark. Destination: Tatooine

A/N

I feel like this chapter is kind of boring, but I promise I will get to more entertaining stuff.
Thank you for reading, and see you next chapter!

-Haar'chak_Kaira