twelve.

deadly games❝russian roulette❞

deadly games
russian roulette

LIKE USUAL, A PARTY WAS GOING ON AT THE BEACH BY THE POOL. It was like the third rule didn't even happen.
  Everyone in this place was twisted, but there was no way you could leave now. Sometimes you were starting to believe that it got to you as well. It was hard not to. When everyone around you is insane, you tend to also become that way.

This time, you were sitting at the bar alone. You wanted to get drunk, but doing that in the middle of the day wasn't exactly on your 'to do list'. You were sorry for everyone who was partying at the Beach all the time. They were only doing it, because Hatter was feeding them with lies. There was nothing wrong with having fun, but this was too much. Moreover, in these circumstances.
Someone took a sit next to you and tapped on your shoulder. Your thoughts faded away as you turned around and saw Ann, with a neutral look on her face.

"Hey." you greeted her and she tried to form a smile, but there was something wrong. You could read it all over her face.

"Hi, I'm sorry to disturb you. But, Hatter wants you to play tonight. He needs more cards. Hearts, to be exact."

"What makes him think that I'll end up in a Hearts game if I go and play?" Ann's shoulders went a little up, letting you know that she had no idea.

"You should go talk to him. He asked for you, anyway." you sighed after you heard her saying.

It's not like you could refuse the 'king'. He would just order his militants to kill you, if you did so. You stood up, Ann doing the same, before starting to lead you to Hatter.

You despised this place. It was full of stupid people, who were listening to a crazy person. Even the woman next to you, that you tried to see as your friend for a while, was like a puppy to Hatter. The worst part was that you knew you only had two choices. Either you do everything Hatter orders you, either you die. Death didn't sound like a good idea to you, so you had to follow the orders. As bad as they were, it was the only solution.

  When you arrived in the meeting room with Ann, your eyes were glued on one person. His annoying dark eyes were staring right back at you, but there was also that signature smirk resting on his face. However, you couldn't say anything to him and you didn't exactly want to. You had to forget about any interaction happening between you, at least for a while.

  "Oh, Y/N! Exactly who I was expecting." Hatter said with his usual fake enthusiasm. As if the last time you spoke he didn't subtly threaten you.

  "Ann told me something about you wanting me to play tonight." you went straight to the point.

  "Yes, I do. As you know, we're collecting every card now. Unfortunately, we still need a lot of them. That's why I'm asking you to play every night from now on." after he finished he started pouring some alcohol in a glass.