Chapter 23: Horrifying revelation

"Wha – where am I?"

Nino woke up and saw that Marinette was awake. He quickly picked up the phone and called Shuxin and Xukun telling them that she was awake.

"What – what happened? Nino? What's going on." She asked.

She looked at the boy in front of her and said, "Hey what's wrong you look like you just saw someone died."

She expected him to laugh but instead he cried and hugged her tightly.

"THAT'S BECAUSE I DID YOU IDIOT. Do you have any idea how worried we all were?!"

Nino explained to Marinette what had happened for the past few days. It took a while to digest everything but for some reason she saw it coming. Nino then left to call the doctor leaving Marinette alone. Her parents then came in running into the room and immediately hugged her.

Shuxin cupped Marinette's face smoshing it as she kissed all over her face, "Oh my baby, my sweet, sweet baby are you okay? How are you feeling? Do you feel pain anywhere? ALSO, WHERE IS THE DOCTOR."

Marinette giggled as she released herself from her mother's hold, "Mother I'm fine, I feel fine, so please relax and Nino already filled me in on what happened."

Marinette looked at her father and saw how exhausted he looked, "Father I'm fine."

Marinette opened her arms and said, "Hug."

Xukun chuckled and hugged his daughter.

The doctor came in with Nino and did a check up on Marinette. After he check on her, he stated that she was clear but needed to stay in the hospital a day or two to make sure that nothing was wrong.

Nino called Felix and told him that Marinette was awake. Nino passed the phone to Marinette.

"ARE YOU OKAY?" He yelled through the phone.

"Sweetie I'm fine."

"FINE? FIN?! YOU WERE FREAKING POISONED AND FLAT LINED AND YOU SAY YOU'RE FINE."

Marinette sweat dropped she honestly expected this reaction from her parents and Nino but certainly not from Felix. Though she's not gonna lie and say that she didn't like it, it just shows how much he cares about her.

"Anyways how are things back there?" Marinette asked.

"Everything is everything is going smoothly, I have my men investigating the Agreste and you would not believe what I found, apparently Princess Emelie didn't die due to giving birth."

Marinette decided to put the call on speaker so everyone in the room could hear.

"It turns out that Duke Agreste killed his own wife after giving birth to Adrien, apparently he was embezzling tax money and he didn't want his wife to find out, so he killed her off after giving him an heir and he eliminated anyone who knew. But apparently a couple of the maids managed to escape and kept quiet because the duke threatened their family. The former maids also confessed that the duke beat his own wife and the only reason he married her was so that he could have a way to over throne the royal family."

They all looked horrified at the situation. They knew that they were cynical but to think that the duke would kill his own wife and treat her as such. They felt sick to the stomach.

Nino looked at Marinette and asked, "Um your highness, are you okay?"

Marinette pointed to the trash can motioning for him to bring it to her. Nino did as told and the minute he brought it to her she threw up from shock. Nino pulled her hair back as she threw up.