𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭: 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘣𝘢𝘳𝘵𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘦𝘳

☼

When Loki and Anya step out of the doorway, they are greeted by familiar walls. Anya looks down at her clothes, and frowns when they are completely different again, but she remembers this outfit quite well.

She glances at Loki's clothes, and he is still wearing his Asgardian outfit from earlier. How strange, but all Anya can think of is seeing one person again, she chooses to ignore her current clothing.

Loki furrows his brows, and his outfit turns into a black suit. "We are in the Avengers Compound?"

"No, we're at the Tower. This is where we first met." Anya smiles as she looks around. "Back in my reality, the Tower's gone. Tony sold it a long time ago, which is why we moved to the compound."

Loki looks at her in surprise. "You took us to where we first met?"

"No, of course not. You wouldn't want to see what I did to you that day." She mutters the last part, and Loki momentarily widens his eyes. "We're somewhere way better."

"Oh? When is this, then?"

"This was the time the Avengers got your scepter back. They're partying to celebrate."

Loki raises his brows. "And what do you expect us to do? Attend the party?"

Anya gives him a smirk, and stays quiet as if her answer is already there.

A fond grin grows on Loki's face as he shakes his head. "They would recognize us."

"You can disguise us while we still look the same to each other. Come on, we've done that countless of times whenever we go out in public!" Anya practically jumps with glee.

Loki can see how excited she is, but he still hasn't figured out why. "Alright. I did promise that this would be your choice." He does a graceful gesture with his hands before nodding. "There. We look like ourselves to each other, but to others, we appear as civilians."

"Good. Shall we?" Anya smiles.

Loki offers his arm to her, and had a feeling this could be fun.

They enter the wide area and there are many people there already. Loki smirks to himself and detaches his arm from hers. Anya gives him a look. "And where are you going?"

"To find the most handsome man in the room?" He muses before walking away.

Anya scoffs in amusement, shaking her head before looking around. She can't seem to find herself, but ended up finding someone much better.

She approaches the bar, and the familiar bartender is pouring liquor into a glass. The bartender lifts her head and meets Anya's eyes, and they smile. Anya feels her heart warming, and she returns the smile.

"And what can I get you for tonight?"

Anya stares back at Natasha in overwhelming shock, and it makes the redheaded assassin raise her brow. The last time she saw Natasha in person was the day Natasha left the Avengers Compound to join Steve on the run. That was a year before Thanos snapped his fingers, killing half the population, including Anya.