Chapter 12

Elly

"Did you see Lucas and Mike today?" Lisa whispered.

"No, why?" I answered guessing what she was going to say.

"You should have seen them. They looked so bad" Lisa looked around and leaned in, " I heard that they got into a fight with our future Luna, when they had tried to stop her from running away"

My cheeks heated up and I looked away. "So...?"

"But they failed and instead she had beaten them up" Lisa chuckled. "Mike had a broken nose but the nurse fixed it. And Lucas..." Lisa giggled again. "They said he never got the chance to get up from the ground"

I smiled with Lisa not knowing what to say.

"They turned the whole school upside down searching for a grey hoodie girl but found nothing. And she was wearing a mask so they couldn't recognised who it was" she sighed. "I really wish to know who it is. She seemed strong and smart"

I rolled my eyes. 'Smart' was okay but 'Strong' please...I wouldn't have done that if I was strong enough to face Drake or others. And I felt guilty hearing Lisa talk about me. She was my best friend and I trusted her more than my life. But I didn't want to put her in a tight spot with her Alpha. It was better to keep her in the dark than getting her into the trouble with me.

I let out a deep sigh. What was Drake planning to do now? I already told Josh that I couldn't help him with his plans. Because if Biyanka decided to come back to him, I would have to let him go. And others would ask why I lied? I didn't want any more troubles. I already had enough!

Throughout the day I couldn't focus on anything and I was so nervous when last bell rang signalling the end of school. I didn't want to go but I couldn't miss it either. I might have thought about hundred different reasons to not to go but I knew if I didn't go they would suspect me and Drake wouldn't let me off easily.

I took my time to go to the woods behind our school. There was a clearing near our pack boarders and that was where they needed us to come. When I reached the clearing I saw girls in the middle and others around them. As I recognised, most of them were unmated she wolves. Oh no! What had they planned to do?

I looked around cautiously, before I could show up myself. The girls had their back to me while Drake, Ian and Roy stood infront of them facing me. But they couldn't see me since they were on the other side of the clearing. I noticed Josh standing to the side of the group chatting with his friends. I opened a private mindlink.

'Josh!'

He looked around before talk through the mindlink.

'Where are you?' He asked.

'Still on the other side of the clearing, behind the trees'

He looked again and I waved my hand.

'Oh! Found you...' he smirked.

'What's going on?'

'I still can't t figure out how did you hide your scent from your mate...but can you do it in your wolf form too?' He questioned.

I felt like all my blood drained from my body. No, no...this was not happening. I took a deep breath to calm myself down. And I stepped in to the clearing still keeping my mindlink open with Josh. The moment I stepped in, Drake's head turned in my direction watching my every move. My heart beat faster and I breathed in quick short breaths.

'Josh, let's do it' I quicken my pace towards him. His eyes widened.

'What are you talking about?' He looked puzzled.

'Mate!' I shouted through mindlink. 'I'll be your mate' By this time I was running towards him like someone chasing me. And I could feel others eyes on me. Shit!

'What!? Do you want to do it now?'

Josh stood alone to the side looking at me like I was crazy.

'Yes...catch me'

'Excuse me!'

'CATCH ME!..'

'WHAT!? What the he......'

With that I jumped on to him making both of us fall on to the ground with a loud thud. I was on top on him and I held on to him like he was my dear life. I had my head buried in his chest unable to move because of my heavy breathing and also because of embarrassment. I didn't want to lift my head knowing people had surrounded us and Josh had his arms around me tightly exactly the way he put it out to catch me when we were falling.

'Josh...Josh!'

'I'm okay' He replied after a few seconds.

He sat up straight with me on his lap. We were staring into each other's eyes or rather fighting through the mindlink on what to do next, when Drake's voice boomed through the forest.

"ELLY! What are you doing?" His angered voice startled both of us making our heads snapped towards his direction. His eyes were black and he was very pissed.

"Mate"

"My second chance mate"

Josh and I said at the same time. I heard some gasped in surprised while others watched us curiously. Roy on the other hand had his mouth opened in shock and Drake's and Biyanka's faces had bitter expressions.

We both got up from the ground when Biyanka stormed off with twins. Others congratulated us but Drake said nothing. He was in pain and I looked away feeling guilty. But I was determined to end this torture soon.