Outings

Legoshi's POV:

It was traumatizing to take even a step into the real world, the world I've sworn to never touch nor step foot into. What scared me wasn't all the murderers and all the scary gangs and such, but it was that fear of other people that I was too scared to encounter. It wasn't the anti-social part of me, but rather, I felt as if I didn't belong with those groups of people. I mean, they're full of mature animals who can control themselves while I'm still figuring myself out. I've recognized a few things but I still can't explain that feeling I had when I wrote that letter.

I wrote a note. A note to [Y/N]. Well, it wasn't a note. A love letter. It's embarrassing to confess that, but I couldn't help seeing him without him knowing that he's slowly tearing me apart because of himself, which wasn't his fault, was it? If it wasn't, then who's fault was it? Mine? The way he glances into my eyes when we talk, or the way he spoke as if he was arrogant but still had that soft personality in the words he would say and it was my fault I lost my heart in his hands. Even if it was his fault, I just hope the letter got to him and he didn't yet realize who was his secret admirer. It was a note about, well, my feelings, which should be obvious. I just didn't want to leave him without telling him, and I immediately thought about Tem's death. Tem wrote a love letter before he gave it to his crush, which was given by me when he died. It was a scary thought, but I was glad I gave it.

The outside of the academy was strange. It was a place where, although a murder happened just the day before, animals seemed to connect with each other. The cityscape was huge, with buildings and stores packed with multiple species of animals. Unlike the school, there were herbivores and carnivores together living peacefully, when the brutality of the truth was still roaming throughout each carnivore's heads, they still show up together. Wolves, lambs, goats, birds, bears, cats, and even a few smaller creatures would walk next to each even larger ones.

Why?

In a world where you can be killed by the person right next to you, you still stand with them?

The buildings of the cities emerged in dull, yet attractive, colors of grey to brown, some a faded red or blue, but scattered in a random order. There were lamp posts scattered everywhere and people walking back and forth in front of us four, who stood in awe at the unusual landscape. What was going through my head was the thought of being an adult, right next to [Y/N]. Just standing there, out in the open, maybe holding hands. The thought made me smile a bit and wag my tail, but my tail shook madly already by the city's unfamiliarity.

Now that I think about it, it's been a year since I saw the outside world.

"So jealous," Aoba screeched.

"That's right," Tao said, "you can only get a flyer's license after graduation."

"Yeah, going out isn't fun at all, huh?" Aoba teased, "Your tail's wagging."

"Hey, let's get moving!" Bill echoed.

Maybe I should buy pants that could hide my tail.

"It's the same details as last year."

"I don't mind, we've got to go out," Aoba replied.

Tao jolted, "Finish the story!"

"Yeah, so, the girl started to cry and said you're only focused on pleasing yourself when we're having sex!" he said, straightening his back while he was mocking, "and that makes me feel empty inside! Crazy huh? But the stripe pattern on her butt is so hot."