Doctor N.R

"You have to get checked out Nat." Steve ordered Natasha who was sitting in the quinjet with a bullet wound.

"No."

"You can't just say no. You have a literal bullet in your body!" Steve exclaimed.

"I don't care." Steve was at his wits end that he couldn't persuade Natasha to do what's good for her.

"Please at least go and see Y/N." Clint interrupted. Nat snapped her head at him and he would have been dead if Natasha had powers.

"Who's Y/N?"

Your POV
I had just finished doing rounds when my phone buzzed in my pocket.

Nat:
I'm at the back.

Nat almost never texts me when I am at work so something has to be wrong for her to contact me.

You:
Coming. Give me a sec.

I handed the charts to my assistant for him to update and get back to me later.

I went to unlock the back door and the whole team of Avengers were there. I glanced at them before looking at Nat. Quickly assessing her and instantly spotting her wound at her right shoulder. "Should I leave you here?" I said irritatingly.

"You wouldn't."

I brought the entire team to my office and closed the blind before bringing my attention back to Nat again.

Everyone knows Nat hated going under so I injected local anesthesia around her shoulder. I wore my gloves and pressed on her wound before the anesthesia took effect.

"OW! Why are you doing that on purpose?"

"Yeah, it hurts right? Just remember that's how I feel whenever you get hurt."

After making sure she can't feel anything around that area, I used my tweezers and pulled out the bullet before suturing her wound and placing a bandage over it.

"Who is this person who survived after speaking against Nat? Surely that's not her sister. The name plate outside has a different last name." Tony Stark commented.

"She's my wife." Nat confessed.

"That's the name I use professionally."

Tony gasped. "The cold hearted Black Widow has a wife? And Clint knew!"

I ignored them and faced Nat. "You need to be more careful. Do you know how hard I had to work to get promoted, to climb the ranks, to get a freaking operating table in my office. Do you know how many people looked at me as if I was an operating maniac, who only knows how to operate on people?"

I took a deep breath. "But I don't care... If you were to die on my table..., I wouldn't know what to do with my life anymore."

"I'm sorry." She held my hands and tucked a strand of hair behind my ears.

"Alright, let's leave the two couples alone." Steve started to shoo the rest out of my office. I asked Nat to stay put before going to collect the charts from my assistant. There was still work to be done as my shift was not over yet.

"You!" I pointed at Nat. "Better sit there quietly and don't move." She knew better than to disobey since I was not in my best mood. I sat at my desk and started keying the patient's new information and new insights, treatments to be done, if they showed any improvement, approving surgeries.

"Surely your shift has ended by now..." Nat whined at the back, not being able to do anything.

"It ended the moment you walked in."

"What?" She came to the front of my office in front of my table.

"Did I say you can leave?" I looked at her before continuing to type on my computer.

"Babe..."

"Go and get the car ready." I was just about done with work and I was just making Nat stay at the back because I was angry. I changed out of my coat and met Nat in the carpark.

Natasha POV
I am in deep trouble when Y/N starts speaking to me coldly. I kept sneaking glances at her while I drove us back home. She was scrolling through her phone mindlessly. "Keep your eyes on the road."

A small smile creeped on my face. The fact that she noticed I was looking at her meant that she was looking at me too.

"Babe... I'm really sorry...." We were now sitting on the bed, getting ready to sleep, it was tough trying to break down her wall this time.

"I'm tired. I'm going to sleep." She let out a yawn and placed her phone on the bedside table before getting under the covers.

I really messed up big this time.

"Aren't you going to sleep?"

"Huh? Y-yeah, I'm going to sleep too."

After a while, Y/N's hand sneaked around my waist. "You're not allowed to leave." She mumbled.

"Y/N?"

"Don't go." A tear escaped from her eyes.

"Y/N, you're dreaming. Wake up." I shook her lightly and she slowly opened her eyes. "I'm just scared you'll leave me one day."

"I'm going to be more careful."

"Mhm..."

I'm going to kill Clint for making my day more difficult than it has to be.

Written on 1 Nov 2021
Posted on 26 March 2022

It wasn't supposed to be this long, I got carried away.