17

I had been sat in the car with my music in for the last three hours. It was boring, it was way too warm, and to be honest, I would rather be with Granny. OH MY GOD.

I never said goodbye to Granny! Oh my, I just disappeared. I frantically got my phone out and messaged her.

I'm so sorry Granny for not saying goodbye, I had to leave, family emergency, love you lots, your girl.

I typed it as fast as I could and sent it. William was jamming along to the radio, looking back at me now and again. I hadn't said a word the whole time we were in the car together and I think he was starting to realise what I was doing.

"So you excited?", He asked, making me instantly look up from my phone, deadpan him and roll my eyes, then look back at my phone.

"Jeez, your sassy when your grumpy", He said with a smile. He looked like he was thinking for a second before he gave a cheeky smirk but tried to conceal it.

"My little girl is like that too", He said, now not being able to stop the smirk coming out. I looked at him intrigued as I sat up straighter to show that I was interested as he just acted like he didn't see me. He nodded to the music.

"Got two of them, one boy who is 8 and my only girl who is 5.", He said raising his eyebrows at me. I really wanted to know more about them but I knew he what he was trying to do. I raised by eyebrows for him to continue but he just acted like he didn't see. I rolled my eyes at him and slumped back in my seat and put my music back on.

It's been about ten minutes and I was willing to give it all up, I guess I was just really curious.

"Ughh fine you got me, what are their names? Are you married?", I asked. He shook his head with a sad smile.

"Use to be. She passed giving birth to Jodie, Alex was only 3 so he doesn't remember her that much", He said with a sad smile. It was one of love and compassion, to show that even though his wife died, he was still happy with what she gave him in return.

"Where are they?", I asked him. He worked 24 seven since when did he have time for kids?

"At their grandparents. They live their with Emily's mum and dad, and they adore them, treat them real nice and they have their own rooms and everything. Thought it would be a better environment for them than staying with me at my flat", He said. He didn't seem too upset by it, maybe it was because he knew his kids were safe and that they were better there than with him.

"I know what your thinking you know. But they are thriving as it is, and I don't want to ruin that for them, and I love my job and I get to see them whenever I want which is whenever I get any time off. Alex is real smart you know? He got really high levels in his lower SATS, they think he can do a lot harder maths, don't ask me what I got no idea", He said laughing. I could see the pride in his eyes when he talked about his kids, he truly loved them, like they were his whole world.

"And Jodie looks just like her mum, the crazy blonde hair and such an adorable face. Makes me love her even more", He said with a smile. He then looked at me with a small open mouth realising what he just said as gave him a small smile of my own.

"Sorry Tills, I wasn't thinking", He said and put his head down. I just shook my head.

"It's fine Willie, some people are just better than others, there are people like you who accept it and love what life gave you, then there are complete narcissistic assholes who think the world owes you everything", I said slumping back down in my seat. He just nodded not saying a word.

"You got a photo?", I asked. He nodded and motioned to the front door side. I reached over and looked inside his wallet which had a photo of him a few years younger, and a woman with long blonde hair a head smaller than him smiling at the little boy below her covered in sand. They were at the beach. A small boy around two or three ish was stood with a bucked and a spade spilling sand everywhere as his mum laughed, a pregnant belly shown through the swim suit. William was cheering and staring at her with pure love and affection. It was obvious even from this photo that he was in love.