Chapter 9

I walked in the swimming pool, hiding behind a door.
I could see Sherlock moving his mouth but I couldn't hear what he was saying, after looking carefully I noticed that he was holding a gun.
From one of the changing rooms, a man showed up.
It was very distant and I didn't see his face immediately. 
"Wait but...it's...no, it can't be him...it can't be John." I thought, looking at him.
But it was him.
He opened his jacket, revealing what looked like a bomb. 
"What the fuck...?" I thought, looking around. 
I, silently, opened the door and entered in, stealthily.
John and Sherlock were talking, but I was too distant to understand their words.
After a minute another man came in.
He was turned from behind and I couldn't see his face. 
He made a movement with his hand and my brother and his friend there were full of a lot of red points.
"Snipers?" I thought, feeling my heart beating faster "Shit, I shouldn't be here. Why didn't I listen to Sherlock?" I felt overwhelmed by anxiety. 
I walked crouched for a couple of meters before tripping on a tube and making noise.
The two men turned to look at me.
-y/n?!- Sherlock and John asked worriedly.
It was useless to stay hidden now that they knew I was there, so I stood up and a sniper pointed to my chest.
-What are you doing here? I specifically told you to wait in the flat.- Sherlock said between angry and worried.
-I know and I'm sorry.- I said walking to them.
The man was still tuned from behind.
-Well, well, well...look what we have here...- the man spoke, when I heard his voice, I froze in place -y/n Holmes.- he turned around and I saw his face.
-James? What?- I asked confused, feeling my heart beating faster.
-Surprise, my dear?- he asked, grinning. 
-You know him, y/n?- John asked.
-He's James...I met him at...at Mycroft's party.- I said with a trembling voice.
-He's Jim Moriarty, y/n.- Sherlock said, trying to keep a straight face. 
-Did you like my presents for you, my dear?- he asked.
-Why are you doing this?- I asked, feeling my eyes tingling. 
-This coat suits you even more in real life than behind a screen, dear.- he walked to me and stroked my cheek.
His touch was cold and firm, not warm and sweet like the first time we met. 
-Stay away from her.- Sherlock said, pointing the gun to Moriarty's head. 
-Ah, ah. I wouldn't do that if I was you, Sherlock. Do I have to remember you, the snipers?- the man in suit hummed.
-You wanted this?- Sherlock said, giving something to the man.
-The missile plane? Boring!- he scoffed, throw it away -I could have got them anyway.- 
John walked behind Moriarty and took him as a hostage. 
-Sherlock, y/n, run.- John said.
"He's really ready to sacrifice his life for ours." I thought. 
-Good, very good. I see why you like having him around. But then people become sentimental about their pets.- Moriarty said, he almost sounded amused and a sniper pointed directly at Sherlock's head. 
Sherlock shook his head and John left him.
-Uh, Westwood.- he said, adjusting his suit -You know what happens if you don't leave me alone, Sherlock, do you?-
-Oh, let me guess, I get killed?- my brother answered.
-Kill you? Oh no. Don't be obvious. I mean I'm gonna kill you anyway someday, but I don't wanna rush it though, I'm saving it up for something special. No, no, no, no, no. If you don't stop prying, I'll burn you. I will burn the heart out of you.- he said.
-I have been reliably informed that I don't have one.- Sherlock answered. 
-But we both know that's not quite true.- he smiled and in that moment his phone rang and he sighed -Do you mind if I get that?- he asked, while me and John gave a worried and confused look. 
-Oh no, please. You got the rest of your life.- my brother said as Moriarty took his phone.
-Hello? Yes, of course it is. What you want?- he asked annoyed -SAY THAT AGAIN!- he shouted, then he calmed down -Say that again and know if you're lying to me I will find you and I will skin you.- he said before ending the call -So, wrong day to die.-
-You've got a better offer?- Sherlock asked.
-You will be hearing from me, Sherlock. You too, y/n.- he smiled, walking out of the pool, bringing his snipers with him with a snap of his fingers.
I fall on the floor, while Sherlock ran up to John, helping him to get rid of the bomb.
All of us were breathing heavily.
-This...this is not how I imagined it.- I said, trying to stand up. 
-That's why I told you to not follow me, y/n.- Sherlock said.
-I know and I'm sorry about not listening to you.- 
-We are all fine and this is the important thing.- John said.
-I just want to come back to my flat.- I said, trembling a little.
-Yeah, let's go.- the two men nodded.
While on our way back I couldn't stop thinking that the polite man I met at Mycroft's party was the same psychopath who in the last week had sent me a lot of presents and was threatening my brother. 
-Are you okay, y/n?- John asked.
-Yeah...I...I just can't believe that James and Jim Moriarty are the same person.- I said.
-Don't worry. We won't let them hurt you.- Sherlock said, giving me a cup of tea -Drink it, you'll feel better.-
-Thanks.- I took a sip, then I immediately felt tired.
All the adrenaline had left my body.
-You seem pretty tired, you need some rest. It's been a long day for you.- John said.
-It was indeed. You're right. I need some rest.-
-Why don't sleep in my room, so if there are any problems we'll be already here.- Sherlock proposed.
-Really?- I asked, surprised. 
-Yes, now go to sleep. I'll call Mycroft to tell him everything.-
I nodded and went to Sherlock's room, I took off the coat, then I laid down in the bed, falling asleep immediately.