Chapter 23

Earlier

Amy had been talking to Dr Virani on her phone when she heard the sound of breaking Glass and immense Pain.
"Argh".
"Amy are you alright ".
"No, I think I've been shot".
When the phone went dead after Amy dropped it , Dr Virani phoned the RCMP who dispatched a car immediately and put a Helicopter in the air as Heartland's in such an isolated Area.
"Lyndy, be a brave girl and run to GG's, say that Mummy's hurt bad, okay sweetheart".
"Okay Mummy, bye".

Jack and Lisa were getting ready to go to Maggie's for the Voting Results when Lyndy ran in out of breath but managed to tell them that Mummy was hurt bad.
"You stay with GG Lisa and I will help your mummy".

By the time Jack got to Amy's place a Cruiser turned up with two officers inside who quickly ducked behind their car as they got out and heard bullets hitting the car. They weren't intended for the Police but for Jack who thankfully only got nicked in the arm because the Cruiser was in front of him. They informed the Helicopter who saw a white truck with a Red top driving away from Heartland.
An Ambulance turned up not long after the RCMP had turned up.
Jack ran into Amy's Ranch House and the officers along with the Paramedics followed Jack.
"You got here fast my wife's Just phoning".
Apparently Dr Virani phoned as she was on the phone to Mrs Borden at the time".

Present Time

Lou was at Maggie's waiting for the Voting Results, it was tight between JD Werth and Lou, Chief Parker was there too when Lou's phone rang.
Seeing it was JD, Lou asked Jim to record the conversation when she put it on Speaker. Jim knew all about the calls from Mr Werth.
"Ah Mrs Morris, things seem to be very close in the Voting ".
"Yes JD it is Close, but I'm sure you didn't call just to tell me that".
"Actually I was going to ask how your Family is like that Beautiful Sister of yours, and your Grandfather".
Jim gave Lou a look of concern.
"What are you on about JD, there fine thank you".
"Are you sure about that Lou, a petite young woman like your sister can't afford to lose to much of the Red Stuff, same goes for your grandfather".
"What the hell are you on about".
"What I'm saying is that I'll understand if you want to pull out and check on your family, I'm going to win anyway".
"Listen Here JD, We have no Idea what your on about and if anything was wrong then Chief Parker would of heard by now, and as he's here with me, hello, Hello JD.... He hung up Jim".
"Let me find out if there's any truth in what he was saying Lou".
Jim went off for a minute so Lou phoned home.

"Jim, Amy's been shot and Grampa got hit in the arm, your Officer's were shot at too".
"Yes I've Just been updated,  the Helicopter saw a white Truck with a red Top driving away".
"You mean like that one, JD Werth is talking to the driver".
Jim made a call and before they knew what was happening JD and the driver were surrounded.
As soon as Jim went out after J D Werth and the shooter Lou quickly phoned home again to find out how bad her little sister was.
"Hello Lou , Amy's been shot badly and the medi flight has Just took off. The Paramedics gave Jack three Stitches and he's okay,  yes Lou he's already left for the Hospital, okay see you soon"..

To be continued