Chapter 20

It was 'the day'. She knew her end was near. What Aira didn't expect was to wake up with a man, the same man who was the cause of her current state, looking at her like a child does when he breaks something and is afraid to look at his mother.

Lies. All lies. Don't believe in it Aira. You know better. They all give hopes and then mercilessly crumble them.

She turned her gaze away when she heard a low sad hiss.. More like a whimper. She looked up a little startled by the sound. That's when she noticed it. His eyes they weren't green but glowing golden.

It wasn't him, it was his wolf. She didn't knew how she felt about this whole situation. His wolf reminded her of Lucifer and how he would behave. It annoyed her a lot and it was own kind of torture for her. But, compared to Damon his wolf, Lucifer was way more sophisticated.

"I am sorry Aira"

The first thing she noticed was his language. Lucifer spoke in broken English. But, his sentences were well formed. Curiosity rose in her mind. She wanted to ask about it but decided against it, as she knew at last he would hurt her too.

"I learned English too communicate better with you. Many wolves don't find it necessary to learn the full language because our primal instincts to talk are through, howls, snarls or whimpers"

How did he know what I was thinking ? was the first thing she thought but didn't say anything.

"I can sense your emotions"

She didn't really heard him as she felt discomfort in her arms.Her shoulder pained a lot but it was still shackled. Her body jerked as she unconsciously tried to move her hand only to be met with a wave of pain flooding through every nerve of her body.

She sobbed out loud. Her arms, she couldn't feel them at all, but she did feel the blood stream that trickled down her arms to her chest. Her stomach hurt. Everytime she looked up there was this pause for a second where everything was dark and then her eyes took time to focus and get a clear image of her surroundings.

Her droopy eyes made eye contact with his golden ones as he slowly undid her shackles. Her arms instantly hit floor making her scream in pain. She heard his continuous whimpers but she didn't care. Her arms hurt so much. She remembered when her mom once punished by telling her to put her hands up for 20 minutes that time her arms were hurting abysmally.

This time it wasn't for hours but days, more than 7 days her arms were up in shackles. She didn't know when but this time everything hurt worse and her vision was getting hazier and harder to focus. It was all hazy for a second and then she doesn't know what happened but she felt her body falling on the floor.

--

She woke up a faint beeping sound and to the feeling of being warm that she hadn't felt since a while. She also woke up feeling better. Not so surprisingly she found the golden eyes staring at her each move.

"Why? " she mumbled exhausted. Why was everyone that way? Neither they wanted to let her live nor they wanted to let her to die.

"Why are you doing this? " why does everyone keep doing this. They say they don't want to hurt her but they still do. Here, he said that he wanted to hurt her but he didn't let her die.

"What do you want,? What will you get? Why are you doing this? Why don't you just kill me? "

"I am sorry. I am really sorry. I can't stop him nor can I fight for you. I knew what having a mate meant. I knew Azazel would never treat her right. So, I prayed to moon goddess to not give me one because I don't deserve such pure thing. But, I got you and see.. I.. I still can't help you. I tried to stop him. We feel this excruciating pain everyday as you fall weak. We are less weaker than Damon because he marked you and claimed you but doesn't mean it doesn't hurt. The first time I saw you. There was this hope in my heart that maybe..maaybe Azazel would change. He wouldn't harm.. harm you.. But he did and I couldn't do anything. Everytime I look at you I feel shame. I was supposed to be someone who protects you. I never imagined to fall in love instantly but I did hoped secretly that maybe I could meet someone who I'll feel a connection with. I'll protect them and keep them happy. I would never meddle in their life. Just see them smile from a far and protect them. That would be enough. But fate plays it's game. I am sorry Aira. I am so sorry. I know Azazel feels guilty too but what he feels about Damon overpowers it. I know my sorry is worthless and you would..never.. Like.. like me. I don't want you.. to.. to like me.. I just want you to know.. that I didn't..i didn't want this... I never wanted this and I am ashamed of myself and Azazel for hurting you. I wish I could show you how much it hurts for me to see you..this way.. This weak.. I am sorry "

Awkward silence fell on the room as the wolf continued to sob at her hands which he held tightly, leaning on them for his sanity, as he knelt in front of her. She didn't really felt any thing about his apology. Maybe relief that at least some one had right conscience to know that they did wrong. But a question arose in her mind. A question which had been lingering for a while.

"Why is he doing this? " she spoke it out. If she was going to die at his hands at least she would die knowing why he killed her.

"To hurt and kill Damon and take revenge "

"Revenge? " she interrupted him.

"Revenge of his mother. His mother was... "

--

How was the chapter?

-Neets