Just Misunderstood

There was a knock on the West Households door and Barry went to open it, leaving his friends and Foster family in the kitchen, eating.

He opened the door and froze, standing stock still as he caught sight of woods was standing before him. There, standing in his doorway, was Santana Lopez herself. Her eyes were red rimmed and puffy and she had tear stained cheeks.

"Santana? What's wrong?" He asked her, concerned. He stepped outside and closed the door behind him, looking at the girl with worry. Santana didn't say anything, she just wrapped her arms around him and held him tightly, quietly crying into his shoulder. Barry returned the gesture, holding the girl securely in his arms. They stood there like that for a good five minuted before Santana pulled away, both of them stepping back as Santana wiped tears from her eyes.

"Give me a second, I'll be right back." Barry assured the girl. "Okay?"

Santana sent him a slight nod and he disappeared into his house, appearing again about three ministers later. "Okay, c'mon." He walked with her all the way to the park, neither one spreading a word, Santana letting out sniffles here and there. He led them to the park and sat on a bench, the cool night air making him shiver slightly.

"Your gonna have to tell me what's wrong sometime, San." He said after a few minutes of silence. He had a comforting arm wrapped over her shoulders as her head rested on his shoulder.

She sniffled and sat up a little straighter. "Everything." She whispered. "I made a mistake, and now no one is talking to me, Not even Brittany. I-" her voice broke and the tears started flowing again. Barry quickly pulled her in for another hug, which she accepted, sobbing into his shoulder as he rubbed comforting circles on her back.

"Seb-Sebastian?" She whispered.

"Hmm?"

"Do you hate me too?"

He pulled away, band on her shoulders, looking her dead in the eye. "No, Santana. I never hated you. Your a good person, and if those New Directions can't see that then screw them. They're idiots and don't deserve your friendship." He said to her. His voice was comforting yet stern, as if daring her to believe otherwise.

"Why are you being so nice to me?" She asked. Barry smiled softly. "Because I hate being mean." He replied. "And your my friend, Santana, no matter how much we never got along in the past. And I'm nice to my friends, especially when they deserve it."

"Thanks, 'Bastian." She mumbled, almost inaudibly.

"Do you have any place to stay?" He asked as he pulled her to his side, continuing to run circles on her back. He felt her shake her head 'no'.

"I didn't even know I was coming here until I was actually here. I saw you on Iris West's Social Media account and mindlessly headed to her house and ended up finding you." She explained.

"Well, you can stay with me." He offered.

"I don't want to intrude-"

"Since when?" He gave her a deadpan look and she chuckled. "Ok, fine. You win." She gave in, sitting up. Barry stood up and offered his hand to the girl who took it. They walked back to Joe's place and he just walked right in with Santana, forgetting about all the people who were still inside.

He stopped when all eyes fell on him and Santana. "Oh. Hey, guys." Barry greeted, waving awkwardly.

"Bear, where did you go? You just said you had to leave for a bit." Joe said, eyeing the girl next to his Foster Son.

"Yeah..." he cleared his throat. "Everyone, this is a friend from high school, Santana Lopez. Santana, this is Caitlyn, Iris, Joe, and Cisco." Barry introduced, gaining some form of composure. "Joe, can I talk to you for a second?" Barry asked. Joe nodded and the two walked into the kitchen, leaving Santana with the other three.

"Well, Santana, you can come and sit down. Make yourself comfortable. We were just talking so you didn't miss out on anything." Iris said, gesturing to the couch. Santana moved over and sat in between her and the Cisco guy.

She had no idea why Joe had called Sebastian, Barry but she would ask him about that later. "We're Barry's friends." Iris spoke.

"Best friends." Cisco corrected. "Always have been. Always will be."

"You haven't always been. I have." Iris argued. "You only met him when he woke up."

Santana furrowed her brows. "Woke up?" She questioned, confused. What was that supposed to mean?

"Oh, right. A year ago, Barry woke up from a nine month coma after being struck by lightning. Star Labs, where Caitlyn and Cisco work, took him in and treated him with the best tools they had." Iris explained.

"We learned how to wake him up from any kind of deep sleep now. Just play some Lady Gaga." Cisco smiled. "That's what I played when he woke up from his coma and it's always worked since."

"So, you guys work at Star Labs? Didn't it get shut down?"

"It did, from the public and was declared a hazard zone, but we stayed with Dr Wells. I make all the toys."

"He means he's the tech genius." Caitlyn informed the girl.

"And Caitlyn is basically Barry's new, full time doctor. She's a bio-engineer and helps us figure out sciencey stuff." Cisco explained. "And Barry-"

"-Barry is our Science Guy too." Caitlyn cut him off. "So when he's not busy at the Precinct he helps us with our projects."

"Wait...Barry.. works at a police station?" Santana questioned, trying to hide the disbelief in her voice, now sounding mainly confused, which she was.

"Yeah. He's the CSI there." Iris confirmed. "The best one according to Singh but he won't say it out loud. They just can't manage without him."

"Huh."

Maybe there was a lot more to the guy she knew from high school than he let people see. From what she could see here and what these people were telling her, Sebastian or Barry, was a nice guy with a career in law enforcement and good friends who will all support each other whenever. There's more to that Warbler than meets the eye, as Trent once said. At the time, she did t believe him and just scoffed but now, she thinks maybe that's why she came looking for him in the first place. Because she wanted to see if he was right. If he was just misunderstood. If he would accept her. And he did.

1105 words. Welp, There you go. What did you all think? I liked writing this one because it did t really show a rivalry between Santana and Sebastian/Barry but and understanding and common ground. Anyway, Tata for now and Stay safe.