Past: Concord, Massachusetts: 1862

Concord, Massachusetts: 1862

The sounds of trampling feet reverberated throughout the March home as multiple feet stomped in the attic.

Meg, Beth, Jo, Andy, and Amy are all dressed as men, with hats and spectacles and pipes.

There were only 4 mismatching rocking chairs available and an old but spacious chaise lounge chair that Andy acquired from Aunt March.

Beth and Amy were sitting on their rocking chairs on the opposite side. Jo sat on her chair beside Andy, who was lounging in her seat.

Meg was standing as she read from the homemade newspaper in her lovely sonorous voice, "A NEW PLAY, written by Miss Jo March, will appear at the Barnville Theatre, in the course of the next few weeks, which will surpass anything ever seen before on the American stage."

Jo clapped, "Starring the greatest actress from here to the Mississippi River, Miss Meg March."

Meg bowed to report, "WEEKLY REPORT Meg- Good. Jo- Bad. Beth and Andy- Very Good. Amy- Middling."

Beth and Amy touched their pipes together, "Excellent" "Well done, sirs"

Jo stood as Meg took her seat, "Mr. President and gentlemen, I wish to propose the admission of a new member. One who highly deserves the honor would be deeply grateful and would add immensely to the spirit of the club. I propose Mr. Theodore Laurence!"

Meg and Amy protested, "No!" "Absolutely not!"

Jo looked at her sisters, "Come now, let's have him"

Amy argued, "He's a real boy!"

Meg added, "We don't want any boys. This is a club for ladies."

Andy, on the other hand, was all in for including the Laurence boy, "Teddy's practically an honorary March sister. Let's have him!"

Beth nodded, "I think we should do it, even if we are afraid. I say yes. It's Laurie!"

Jo smiled, "Now then, everybody vote, and remember that it's our Laurie and say "AYE!"

"AYE!" Andy slapped Meg's leg, "Aye"

Beth nudged Amy's shoulder, "Aye!" "Aye"

Jo sat in her seat, "And, as there is no time like the present-!!!!"

Laurie bursts from the hanging clothing rack in the corner already dressed for the meeting, scaring the girls.

"Aahhh!"

"You traitor!"

"You rogue!"

Jo and Andy just laughed at their sisters' faces.

Laurie curled up holding his back like an old man and in a gruff voice, "Ladies, please - this is my stratagem, I deserve the blame: Jo only gave into it after lots of teasing" giving them a deep bow.

Andy clapped her hands amused.

"I merely wish to say, that as a slight token of my gratitude and as a means of promoting friendly relations between adjoining nations, I propose this set of keys for a little post office I've made in the forest by the pond"

Laurie brought a box from his pocket kneeling to present a box filled with keys with different colored ribbons.

Handing each March sister their very own key.

"Allow me to present five copies of the key, and with many thanks for your favor, take my seat as part of the club."

Andy patted the spacious seat beside her. Laurie hopped towards her wrapping his arm around her shoulder.

 Laurie hopped towards her wrapping his arm around her shoulder

They all cheered and stomped their feet in celebration.