Short 3

You tapped Yuki on the shoulder. He turned towards you.

"Hey Yuki, have you heard of the story of 'Hanako of the Toilet'?" you asked.

"Yeah, I've heard of it," he said.

"Tch. Never mind."

He was left confused.

After class was over, you went over to Kyo.

"Hey Kyo, have you heard of the story of 'Hanako of the Toilet?'" 

"What do you think? Of course I have. Everyone probably did," he said as if he was stating the obvious.

"What's 'Hanako of the Toilet'?" asked Tohru.

Your eyes lit up. 

"Okay, let me tell you about it. Hanako is a young girl. The cause of her death is unknown. She's famous for haunting the girl's bathroom. To summon her, go to the third stall, knock on it three times and call out her name. Then, when you open the stall door, she'll be there."

Tohru was scared out of her mind. "H-how do I know it's her and not some other girl?"

"She has a bob haircut and wears a red skirt. When you open that stall door, she might play with you or drag you down the toilet into hell," you said with an overdramatic voice.

There was a moment of silence. 

"That's the story," you concluded.

Tohru looked terrified. Her complexion was paler than usual and her hands were sweating profusely. 

"Don't tell me, you actually believe that shit?" asked Kyo.

"N-no, not really," said Tohru, trying to look the other way.

You laughed and patted her back reassuringly. "Tohru, don't worry! It's just an urban legend. It's not real."

"You never know," said a voice behind them.

You and Tohru screamed. 

You turned around to see Hanajima. Uotani was trailing behind.

"Oh, it's just you, Hanajima. Geez, you gave me a heart attack," you said as you caught your breath.

"What do you mean by that?" asked Yuki.

"People may say it's just a legend, but the waves are telling me something different," she said with no hint of emotion.

"W-what are you talking about? Of course it's just a legend. Are you saying that it's real?" you asked.

Hanajima didn't say anything. She just kept staring at you.

This scared you because the waves were never wrong.

"Ha. Ha ha. There's no way it's real," you said with a nervous laugh.

"Then how about you go check?" asked Yuki with a smirk.

"What? Why would I do that? It's fake anyway. Besides, we should go eat our lunches," you said, trying to avoid the topic.

Yuki blocked you.

"It's fake, so why not just go check for the fun of it?"

"What's wrong with you, Yuki? This is so not like you," you said, trying to swerve around him.

"Uh, Y/n?" said Tohru.

"What is it?"

Tohru turned to you with eyes filled with horror.

"I need to go to the bathroom."

(In the end, you had to go with her.)

Hope you had a Happy Halloween!