13

Hey everyone!! Sooooo it's my birthday today! Yay and I'm 22 now... So, I'm like happy, free, confused and lonely... probs not in the best way but we vibe!!!! I'm literally 22 from Nothing New and not from 22... like i know absolutely *nothing*

so anyway I thought I'd give you guys a small update :))

Pls enjoy!

Taylor woke up to the sound of footsteps walking down the stairs. She blinked her eyes open, glaring at the bright sun slipping past the curtains.

She grabbed her glasses off the nightstand and slipped them on before tapping on her phone screen to check the time.

9:44 a.m.

She slowly sat up, wondering why her cats hadn't jumped on her just yet as they normally did in the mornings to beg her for food. She glanced at the bedroom door only to find it closed. When her arm fell to the empty spot next to her in bed, she finally remembered the events of the previous night and was pleasantly surprised to find that she did not in fact have a hangover.

In fact, she felt serene. She wasn't normally much of a morning person but with a little yawn, she pushed her blankets off her body and walked toward her ensuite to freshen up.

When she came back out, her hair now tied in a low ponytail, she grabbed her robe from the back of the door and slipped it on, not bothering with any undergarments. She would shower after having her morning coffee, anyway.

Kaia's black jeans were still on the floor which made her smile, knowing that she hadn't tried to slip out on her just yet. The previous night was pretty confusing, and Kaia was definitely incredibly vulnerable. But it did feel like they had both wanted it, and Taylor only hoped she didn't regret it.

When she opened her bedroom door, she could hear Kaia's soft voice talking to someone on the phone. She followed the sound of her voice to the kitchen where she found her in just her t-shirt from last night and her underwear, boiling some water over the stove.

"No, yeah. Yeah. I get it. Thanks, anyway," Kaia was saying, a little edge to her voice that made Taylor frown as she stepped into the room. "Yes, I'll see you in two weeks, then. Emma— stop apologising, will you? I know you tried, and I'm grateful. All right. Right now...?"

Kaia finally turned around, her eyes landing on Taylor. The blonde singer smiled softly and waved, stepping further inside. Kaia waved back with her free hand, offering a smile that never quite reached her tired eyes.

"Uhu..." she continued, responding to whomever she was talking to on the phone. "Yeah, today's not gonna be good. Can we do it on Monday?"

Taylor didn't want to listen in to give Kaia her privacy, but she couldn't lie and say that her curiosity hadn't been peaked, especially with Kaia's eyes following her around the kitchen. Still, she moved quietly toward the coffee machine to set it up.

"I understand that it's only brunch or whatever but— yeah. Monday. Promise. Yep. Yeah, hey, I have to go now. Just text me the details. Okay, à bientôt."

Kaia ended the call then and dropped her phone rather carelessly on the counter with a little sigh.

"Everything okay?" Taylor asked hesitantly, glancing back at Kaia who had her back turned once again.

"Yeah, yeah, just... work stuff," she explained briefly, waving her hand in the air in a whatever manner. She turned the stove off just as the water had almost boiled over and poured it into the mug with a teabag already inside. Then, she turned around with a genuine smile, holding her tea in both hands. "Sleep okay?"