Chapter 102

(A/N: Thank you guys for 20, 000 reads! Hope you enjoy. XxD)

******************************************************************

"I know I will be dead long before you read this, but I want you to know that it was I who discovered your secret. I have stolen the real Horcrux and intend to destroy it as soon as I can. I face death in the hope that when you meet your match, you will be mortal once more.

R.A.B,"  Harry read, as he and Hermione and Ron sat at the long dining table, Leona sitting on the table as Fred sat in a chair next to her, her foot in his lap, both of them in fresh clothes that Leona had stashed there over the summer.

"Is there absolutely anything that you could tell us about Regulus that could help?" Hermione asked and Leona sat up straighter.

"Well, it's not a secret that because we were purebloods, the Blacks were on Voldemort's side during the first war. My grandmother, Sirius' mother, was a neutral party. Never supported him but never helped stop him either. That was the only reason why my father felt safe enough to bring my mother here when she was pregnant with me. My parents were the first two Blacks to publicly fight against Voldemort. At least that's what I thought. Apparently, Uncle Reggie beat them to it, and that's what got him killed."

"But the question is, did he destroy the real Horcrux before he was killed," Hermione said, before a noise in one of the cupboards made them all flinch.

Leona stood on the table, walking along it slowly as fireballs formed in her hands, the other four walking either side of her with their wands drawn.

"You might want to take it easy with the fire, I don't want to have to dig you out of the ashes of this house now," Fred whispered to her and she rolled her eyes as the fireballs dissipated and bolts of white light, a stunning spell, rippled across her palms.

"Happy now?" she asked.

"Yes," Fred said smugly before Hermione shushed them and Harry opened the door, only to pull out Kreacher.

"You've been spying on us, have you?" Harry spat.

"Kreacher has been watching," the House elf answered.

"And why didn't you make yourself known when I arrived home?" Leona asked as she jumped off the table onto the floor.

"Looters, Lady Black. Kreacher was unable to protect the home you entrusted him with. Kreacher was in a body bind for days before the looter's spell broke. "

"No death eater can get past my wards," Leona said darkly.

"Oh no, he wasn't a death eater, but he came in the night. He took many things, including the locket."

Leona held out her hand and Harry placed the necklace in it, the green pendant hanging from the silver chain.

"The other one? The one that looked like this? Uncle Reggie's locket?" Leona questioned.

"Yes. It was a most evil object. It was here in this house," Kreacher answered, backing away from the locket.

"What happened to it?" Hermione asked.

"FILTHY MUDBLOOD! Death eaters are coming for you!" Kreacher spat at her, and Ron went to hit Kreacher with a ladle before Harry held him back and Leona yelled,

"Enough! Kreacher, you serve house Black, and as the only living descendant, you serve me. And this family obeys and respects everyone, no matter their blood. Is that understood?"

Kreacher seemed unhappy, but nonetheless said, "Understood, Lady Black. Kreacher apologises, Granger," the elf spat.

"Now answer her question," Leona ordered, still holding the locker close to Kreacher, the elf's back pressed against the wall.

"Before Master Regulus died, he ordered Kreacher to destroy it. But no matter how hard Kreacher tried, he could not do it."

"Who took it?" Fred asked.

"Kreacher," Leona said as she crouched down to his height, the locket still dangling from her hand. "Who broke into my house and stole my family's belongings, including the locket?"

"Mundungus," the elf rasped. "Mundungus Fletcher."

The room was still as Leona stood slowly, holding out the locket for Harry to take.

"Find him. I want him alive and able to speak when you bring him to me, but don't bother being gentle," she ordered.

Kreacher bowed his head. "As you command, Lady Black."

And he Disapparated.

"No matter how temporary, Mundungus was a part of the Order. He was a part of the plan to get Harry out of Privet Drive. My wards won't work on him. I need to change that. And I need to get Kreacher to do an inventory and see what else was taken."

"It's fine Lena. We'll get it all back," Ron said softly.

She slammed her hands on the table.

"It's not fine Ron! This house is all I have left of my father and my family. And if Mundungus Fletcher took things from me, I want them back, starting with that locket."

And Leona stormed out of the room.