~ Drive ~

Its too early in the morning for this shit but here we are.... my depressed and anxious 1am thoughts..... enjoy?

⚠️I go deep with this stuff so just a fair warning⚠️

The drives were your stress relief. Whenever moments got too much you would just get in a car and go.... don't know where or for how long just go. This was at any time of day wether it be 3am or 2pm just drive.

The wind blew through your hair as the back streets of New York filled your vision. 1am New York was a lot more peaceful than during the day. Nightmares kept your mind awake meaning there was no point in resting your eyes as those horrific dreams would seep there way back in no matter how hard you tried, it was easier to disregard the matter altogether.

You'd think with being an Avengers and the line of work your in stress and fear wasnt a problem or atleast thats what you thought when you joined. Soon to realise however things just piled up and up till there was no way of covering the anxiety creeping up behind you. It was like all of your enemies stalking behind your back waiting for the right time to pounce devouring you like prey.

The fear on the otherhand was constant, the fear of losing your family, the fear of death, the fear of going to bed and never waking up was too strong. Your only escape was to drive. Drives long and far till the thoughts escaped then return back without being noticed..... or so you thought.

There was one avenger who caught onto your midnight antics, the sneaking out, the returning at ridiculous hours in the morning. Natasha Romanoff.

Thats what led to tonight....

Here you were returning back to the compound after a long drive along the open roads somewhere in NYC. Your cars engine came to a silence as you parked up further down the driveway as to not wake anyone. Moving quietly round the back of the building you found the rooked guttering hanging just beside your bedroom window and began your climb up. Each footstep threatning to make more noise than the last.

You reached your window and pulled on the lock gently. No budge. You pulled again expecting the faulty lock to have been stuck. No budge. This left you with two choices, either shuffle over to the next window along and face the hot assasin nextdoor or take the front door.

You quietly pulled the handle of the door down and began your tip toe through the abandoned compound. You slipped your shoes off as to limit the amount of noise made and crept through the living quatres. Eerie silence? Thats a good thing right?

Everything was going to plan as you reached the bottom of the stairs (elevator being too risky) that was until you sensed something. Someone watching you.

"Y/n" The voice spoke as the kitchen lights lit up illuminating your exhausted state.

"Hey Nat" You dragged out turning to face the russian assasin a smile plastering over the fatigue

"Where've you been?" She asked remaining her serious self

"I um went out for some air" You mentally slapped yourself for that one

"You went out for air for 3 hours?" She asked raising an eyebrow, god her face was adorable

"Um lost track of time" You whispered shuffling lightly on your feet

"Y/n you've been doing this for the past month, why aren't you sleeping?" She asked moving closer to you fully examining the extenet of your tiredness

"I... Its hard Nat..." You felt her thumb gently come into contact with your cheek bone, running gently down it then back up again. It was....Soothing

"When was the last time you slept?" She asked a slight tone of worry lacing her words

"I probably haven't had a good night sleep since my mothers womb" You joked rubbing the back of your neck awkwardly

"Well since neither of us can sleep you wanna go watch some movies?" She asked grabbing your wrist gently. You nodded slowly feeling a slight blush run into your cheeks

Nat sat on the sofa as 'Baby Driver' began playing on the cinema sized TV. You stood awkwardly not knowing were to sit on the sofa trying to drown out the thoughts running through your mind.

By Natasha's face she knew what was running through your head so opened her arms up sending a smile to you. You slowly crawled into Nats arms watching her the entire time to make sure she was still comfortable, she in return wrapped an arm around your waist and gently began tracing patterns on your back.

Within 10 minutes of the movies beginning your head was snuggled into Natasha chest and her head was resting ontop of yours both steadly breathing in the others scent. Your eyes became heavy and fluttered closed not a moment later. The last thing you heard before falling asleep was Nats voice

"I love you y/n" she whispered before placing a delicate kiss to your forehead

"I love you too Natasha" You mumbled back before falling into a slumber peacefully listening to her heart beat.