Chapter 12

It's been so long since I've done a double update, but here you go!

Sasuke feels his mind shudder. Memories of another lab in a place out of reach. The sterile smell assaults his nose but can't truly hide the smell of blood and death that lingers in the room.

The tiles on the floor are glistening but still stained red. Sasuke tracks the stains up to a large tank in the corner.

"Doctor?" All for One calls.

"Ah! Sensei." Someone who Sasuke assumes is The Doctor, appears from around a corner on a chair with wheels. "You've brought someone new?"

"Not for experimenting, I'm afraid." The tone of All for One's voice is calm, but slightly warning. Whether that warning is for Sasuke or for The Doctor is unclear.

Sasuke's eyes focus on the tank and inside, he can see multiple things that seem to be alive inside. Larger than a normal human's body.

"Good eye, Sasuke-kun." All for One looks down at him and smiles in a way Sasuke thinks would be warm if the man was capable of such things for reasons outside of manipulation.

"Oh, yes! The new Nomu." The Doctor says. Nomu? That's what they're called?

The Doctor rolls over to the tank and lights illuminate the several figures inside. Sure enough, they're just like the ones at the USJ.

"Now that you're here, Sasuke-kun." A smirk. A laugh. A cruel hand on his shoulder. "I'll have Kabuto show you to the lab where you'll be... training."

He can't move. He's strapped to a table and shivers wrack his body.

He can't breath he can't breathe he can't breathehecan'tbreath.

His head twitches slightly to the side where he sees Kabuto's glasses, shrouded in shadow, he suddenly looks more terrifying than Orochimaru did back in the Forest of Death.

"Isn't that right, Sasuke-kun?"

"Hn."

"You, Shigaraki, and the members of society without the right facilities to support them. Use the Nomu to build them for yourself."

Sasuke tilts his head, considering. "They're made of humans?"

"How perceptive of you!" The Doctor laughs lightly before his eyes narrow. "How did you know?"

Sasuke would be fully content with ignoring the question entirely, but All for One answers for him.

"Sasuke-kun's Quirk lies in his vision. " All for One says with false pride. "He's got quite a good eye for things like this."

"How interesting!" The Doctor's eyes glint dangerously. Sasuke gets the feeling that he's being analyzed more carefully than before. "You've certainly... picked up a good one."

And oh, how Sasuke is getting deja vu.

Foolish mistakes he made as a naive child. He observes his surroundings and realizes he's about to repeat those mistakes again.

All for One and The Doctor take him to several other labs, each time he enters a new one he feels part of his awareness of where he is slipping away.

"Sasuke-kun, you look a little green." All for One says, entirely unhelpfully.

"It's the lighting." Sasuke responds dryly, betraying none of his inner thoughts.

"I'm sure."

Their tour ends with them back in the room they were in when they first showed up.