Leanne

"He is joking, right?"

I try to concentrate and shake off the fear crawling at my skin. I am directly in the middle of the room, between Bet-Khar and Zahraun. I turn around, half hoping to see hidden cameras and microphones... this has to be a prank. Maybe some type of alien reality tv show.

I follow Zahraun's body up from the waist as I had done the first time I saw him at the Warship. He wore heavy looking chest plates with matching forearm bracers, and a menacing blade.

My eyes follow the material as it widen from his powerful looking shoulders and I pause at his waist. My heart is hammering inside my chest and my stomach ache in knots, knowing I have reached a dangerous place - his length. I try to look up at him, but I couldn't bear to look into his eyes, scared to see what I might find there. After all, he made it clear, "He wants me". Whatever that means, it can't be good.

My mind is everywhere and yet nowhere.   "Are you alright?" Bet-Khar ask me, and I look up to see him frowning at me. "Your skin is very pale. What are you feeling?" Despite his concerned expression, his eyes are kind and comforting, which is a relief among the wave of chaos I just experienced.

I recall being at Cetlic's house, admiring his strange furnishings then, somebody attacked me. I woke up in what look like a lab, with alien-looking creatures extracting my blood. So, no, I am for from feeling alright.

I wave of nausea takes over me and I lose my footing, falling sideways into something- no, someone. It isn't Bet-Khar as I had hoped, as he is in the opposite side. I feel lightheadedness with the sensation that I will pass out. Zahraun holds me upright and I am about to turn to face him but he pins my back against his body and lean over to whisper into my ear, "So, what's your decision female?"

My brain begins inventing and discarding options, as I search for a way out of this. I attempt to blink back tears when I realize I only have one choice. Panic raises in my chest, "I should never have followed Bet-Khar in the forest. " I say honestly. And yet, what kind of person would I be, if I didn't take the chance to protect my people back on earth, and the innocent people on this planet, any way I can? I can't live with myself if my cowardice has cost someone their life.

"You won't help my people and the people on this planet any other way?" I ask, still pinned against his body, and I feel him shaking his head slowly. I close my mouth, not knowing what else to say.

He promised to protect me, but who knows what that even means. I am sure his definition of safety and mine are very different. I take a deep breath, trying to calm myself a little. His body is tense, and I have the feeling that my answer is very important to him. Deep down, I know that I don't have a choice, but I need more Information before making a deal with the devil.

I try to pull away from his body. He doesn't let me go immediately. But eventually he slowly removes his muscled arms from around my waist and I take a step back. I turn around to face him, hands trembling, "What exactly do you want from me?".

He look down at me casually, and type something on his wrist-gauntlet. For such a huge male, I'd expected him to be move like a brute. Instead, his movements are so fluid, almost elegant, reminding me of a lion stalking his prey. And I am his prey at the moment.

"I wish there was an easier way but....there isn't and I'm afraid that if you are not strong enough to stay out of harm's way, you will just have to listen to me and obey."

"Until you tell me exactly what do you want from me, why should I listen to you? I will remain with my own choices, thank you very much," I say to him, making my full feelings known.

"That's not an option anymore," he say dismissively.

"Zahraun, you are not my family, most certainly not a lover and not even a friend. So I need you to give me a clearer definition of whatever you are planning to do with me."

Before I had chance to argue he grabbed my wrist gently but firmly. The sudden movement surprises me but I didn't try to pull away. I've decided that I will show no fear.

To my surprise he began caressing the inside of my wrist. His voice dropping considerably lower, "I think we both know I'm more than any of those things." I feel my cheeks getting warm and my face turning bright red at his assessment. I tried to shake off my senses , refusing to let him control my reaction to him. I refuse to acknowledge the effect his touch has on my body.

"Just so that we are clear, I am not sleeping with you." I blurted out.

He let go off my wrist and give me an arrogant look, "I do not need to make a bargain to have you on my furs. Females beg me for this."
His brow is raised and the look on his face is one of pure male arrogance. "I want you where I can see you. And no more disobedience." He says.

I clench my teeth, unable to control my reaction to his response. I wish I could punch the confidence out of his face. If he has all these females begging to sleep with him, then maybe, this is not about me. Maybe he is just looking out for Bet-Khar and whatever laws he'd broke, and this is the way he's chose to do it.

"How long do I have to stay with you for?" I ask, guessing he wants to keep an eye on me for a few days or weeks. Hopefully by then, Earth will be free of threats...

"Ten moon rotations?"

"And how many days is that?

"270 days", he says the number as if they don't matter.

Once again I feel lightheaded and dizzy. There is no way I will stay with him for that long, but he doesn't need to know that. Let him think that he won this bargain. I will find a way out of this mess, eventually.

"I need you to promise something." I say.

"What?" He says folding his arms across his wide chest, straining the material that covered them. I gulped at the sight of muscle upon muscle. He is a pure mass of dominant warrior male and I can't believe my little self is even here arguing against him.

"You have to promise me that you will protect Earth against harmful alien exploitation. And that you will not destroy this planet without rescuing every single innocent life first. That includes females, children and anyone brought here against their will."

Zahraun frowns, and it's like the room has turn darker, mirroring his mood.

"Why would I do all this?" He asks. The frown on his face deepen suddenly, making him look so dangerous that I find myself stepping back behind Bet-Khar, who was quiet this whole time, observing our ordeal. Zahraun doesn't seem to like this, because he steps forward, "Fine, female. Now stop hiding behind another male. I have told you this before - I am the only male who will provide you with protection, unless I say otherwise. Do not make me repeat myself."

"Maybe I would not have to hide if you weren't so aggressive with me all the time!" I said without thinking.

"I have been nothing but welcoming. You are testing my limits female."

"Sure... you are as welcoming as a cactus!" I muttered but he ignores me, probably not knowing what a cactus is. "So you promise to keep your word?" I ask.

He nods. "You have my word. Earth will be safe. And this planet's inhabitants will be dealt with, accordingly."

I sigh in relieve. I finally got what I needed from him, but it doesn't feel like a victory. What matters is that no innocent lives will be harmed because of what these creatures discovered on my DNA. That thought gave me strength to walk toward Zahraun, embracing our deal, for now.

He suddenly looks relax. His frown? Gone! He gives me a triumphant look, and something tells me that he has me exactly where he wanted me since the beginning - trapped under him. Every hair on my body stand up in alarm and my stomach tense in awareness.

He cocked his head to the side , studying me and I study him back. I see so many emotions behind his eyes, none which I recognize. They are all still foreign to me.

"Come." He says silkly. 'I will take you back to my ship now."