Chapter 28: Let Me Love You

Azalea Palace, Abelia

"Crown Prince, His Majesty have announced the engagement of Her Highness and Marquis of Seladona, and seems wanting to have a spring wedding"

"Her Highness also requested to spend some time off to process certain papers, on earth with the marquis before their engagement party"

"Thank you, Secretary" Namjoon said while writing a report, but it seems the secretary wanted to add more for his report.

"Is there something else?" He asked him.

"Uhm" he fidget "Pardon me, Your Highness, but I do think the Princess should not spend her time with the marquis before they get married" he said.

"And why so?"

"In my perspective, it would be a mistake for the princess to spend time alone with her future husband before their wedding," he said.

"That's why it should stay in your perspective, there's nothing wrong with engaged couple to spend their time alone" He argued back.

"But the society—"

"Society could only talk about people's privacy but it should never dictate what they should do just to please their satisfaction" He glared at him.

"My sister lived her life like a prison in the Palace walls for 24 years" "She never complained having her life alone on her Palace, never had freedom, nor created a scandal, nor refuse any of His Majesty's requests" "But now that she's engage, she has all the rights to be with her fiancé even without the permission of His Majesty"

"U-Understood Your Highness" Namjoon stood up from his seat going towards the window of his office. He saw a beautiful woman with a dazzling smile showing off her painting that comes to life with her magic to the common children that the Marquis of Seladona rescued on one of his missions.

His Majesty allowed the children to reside for the meantime in the common grounds, before they go to orphanage.

"Secretary" catches his secretary's attention.

"Yes, Your Highness?" He asked

"What is the rescued children doing here?" He asked him.

"The Crown Princess, invited them to her afternoon tea with them before their departure later" he explained.

"Is that so?" looking at the empty food table "Call the maids to refill the table of desserts and refreshments" "I shall join them for tea"

"Yes Your Highness"

Namjoon stormed out of the office to join the children's party his wife hosted.

💚💚💚

"I wish I could spend more time with you Princess!" A little girl surprised her with a warm hug, while all of them are sitting on the grass.

"I wish I met all of you earlier, it could have been better" She said.