🍋 Chapter Thirty Seven 🍋

"So Severus, what do you really do for a living?" Estelle asked him and he nervously looked at Clarice.

"We're both professors at Hogwarts. That's how we met." She told them and Severus nodded.

"What do you teach?" Aggie asked.

"Potions. Nothing special." He said.

"He's incredible. He's saved my life on multiple occasions." Clarice spoke up.

"Multiple? What kind of school are you guys teaching at?" Magnus, her father, chuckled.

"It's kind of a funny story." And Clarice dove into detail about the basilisk and how Severus made the potion to free the petrified people and how just recently, she had received a life threatening injury and he helped save her then as well. She even rolled up her sleeve to show them the scars it had left behind.

"I guess we owe you a well deserved thank you. For keeping her alive." Magnus said and caught eyes with Estelle who looked very worried for their little girl.

"Mom it's fine. It was an accident." She said seeing what her mother was thinking.

"I sent you away to be safe... look at you.  I- Maybe this wasn't a good idea." She looked down at her hands.

"If I may...?" Gwen started. "Clearly you think Clarice is in danger where she is now, but I think it would be worse if she came back here with us. She's clearly got a man who cares about her well being."

Clarice smiled at her cousin and then looked back at her parents.

"I'm happy where I am. Trust me." She told them. 

"It's just that... we sent you away because Voldemort was traveling the world, learning all different kinds of dark magic. He has followers everywhere." Her father started to say, but Estelle cut him off.

"But now the rise of death eaters is rising. Especially in the London area." Her mother said. "Sure, he has followers here, but it's nothing compared to what's going to happen in London."

"What's going to happen in London?" Clarice asked.

"There's going to be a great war. One with many many lives lost." Grandma Aggie spoke up. "I've seen it. In my witches glass."

Clarice knew how powerful Grandma was and never underestimated her powers. She's where most of her abilities came from. Clarice gently laid her hand over Severus' and squeezed it tightly.

"London isn't safe for you right now." Estelle said.

"I- I can't just up and leave." Clarice said, her voice nearly cracking.

"It's something you should think about as this school year ends." Magnus said.

"If any death eaters find out you're alive, they're going to come for you." Estelle said.

"They won't." Severus said suddenly. "I'll make sure of it."

Grandma Aggie sucked in a breath of air clutched the pillow nearest to her before standing up.

"Get out." She said to Severus and Clarice immediately stood up in between.

"Grandma? What are you doing?" Clarice asked astonished at her behavior. Estelle, realizing what was going on, picked her head out of her hands and went wide eye.  Gwen was just as confused as Magnus.

"Get out of this house or I'll call MACUSA." Grandma said and Clarice clutched onto Severus with all she had.

"Grandma knock it off! It's not what you think!" Clarice yelled.